City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

This contradicts what you said does it not? You assured that any changes to unlawful rules would need to be made with immediate effect, whilst this report says they would have to be voted on first.
I foresee 2 stages. Had City won in full I’d envisaged a deletion of the offending clauses as they would have been unlawful. Then a process to vote on new lawful clauses in line with the decision. So no contradiction.

He didn't really turn it round. He plastered over the cracks. Kept us up for a couple of seasons more. Swales and Alison behaved like a pair of incompetent idiots. They broke the club.
Bond rescued the mess got a bonus with the FAC final then asked Swales for money he'd promised for team rebuilding and in typical Swales fashion said there isn't any

I agree with most of that.

These are very rough figures but I think ADUG have invested £2bn and now have a £3bn business.

In their world is that good return? Fuck knows.

But I think the PR from this endeavour has a huge value which massively increases that ROI.

I had no real idea who what Abu Dhabi was before they bought us.

Every single football fan in the world - and that makes up probably half the planet - does now.
The problem is so many football fans are actually intelligence-challenged that your final sentence isn't true. Plenty of football fans actually think City are owned by Saudi Arabia or Qatar etc. Their opinion is that City are owned by some Middle Eastern state. You only need to read any Twitter comments section relating to something City to see this. I sometimes think it's literally only City fans who are aware that City is owned by Shiek Mansour of the UAE.

I'm not trying to dismiss your point that SM's ownership of City (and the huge success under his ownership) has significant PR value to the sheik and the UAE but that value is definitely limited to some degree by the huge amounts of racism that means that many people just lump all Middle Eastern countries together as one and dismiss everything those countries do as somehow corrupt.

The problem is so many football fans are actually intelligence-challenged that your final sentence isn't true. Plenty of football fans actually think City are owned by Saudi Arabia or Qatar etc. Their opinion is that City are owned by some Middle Eastern state. You only need to read any Twitter comments section relating to something City to see this. I sometimes think it's literally only City fans who are aware that City is owned by Shiek Mansour of the UAE.

I'm not trying to dismiss your point that SM's ownership of City (and the huge success under his ownership) has significant PR value to the sheik and the UAE but that value is definitely limited to some degree by the huge amounts of racism that means that many people just lump all Middle Eastern countries together as one and dismiss everything those countries do as somehow corrupt.
Whenever I see anyone who posts that City are owned by Saudi or Qatar I totally ignore the thick cunts. I don’t think the Sheikh or UAE for that matter give a flying fuck what a few hundred/thousand/tens of thousands people may think or post on Twitter. They’re playing on the global stage - and with great success.

None of them can be described as a Cartel, Cartels are powerful, in charge have the most money and win!
They WERE a cartel in every definition of the word, now there has been a power shift they are working even more closely together, as thick as thieves!

Whenever I see anyone who posts that City are owned by Saudi or Qatar I totally ignore the thick cunts. I don’t think the Sheikh or UAE for that matter give a flying fuck what a few hundred/thousand/tens of thousands people may think or post on Twitter. They’re playing on the global stage - and with great success.
I don't disagree. My point is that many football fans don't know the difference between the various ME states who invest in football. This goes for the owners of PSG and Newcastle as well. I was responding in particular regarding the final sentence of TheGhost's post, so my point doesn't disagree with most of what you're saying.

Unfortunately a few thousand idiots on Twitter can be extrapolated to many more idiots who don't post on Twitter. That doesn't mean that SM's ownership of City doesn't have much positive PR value for himself, Abu Dhabi and the UAE just that it's not every football fan who's aware of it.

This

That's why I think City ignore the press/media in this country. Why worry about 40 odd bitter small time hacks ?

Do big business people worry about some knobheads in their bedroom posting on youtube ?

The pl are 20 teams in the whole world of football, City are playing on the world stage.

Yes it's annoying to us in the UK and we do get a few knobheads who want to shout 'cheat' at us doing our shopping in Tesco lol.

But like others have said go round the world and it's knock of City shirts in loads of markets, that wasn't the case 10 years ago.

I don't disagree. My point is that many football fans don't know the difference between the various ME states who invest in football. This goes for the owners of PSG and Newcastle as well. I was responding in particular regarding the final sentence of TheGhost's post, so my point doesn't disagree with most of what you're saying.

Unfortunately a few thousand idiots on Twitter can be extrapolated to many more idiots who don't post on Twitter. That doesn't mean that SM's ownership of City doesn't have much positive PR value for himself, Abu Dhabi and the UAE just that it's not every football fan who's aware of it.

Lazy stereotypical wording for the uninitiated, ignorant and biased football supporters who inhabit the murky world of Twitter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.