City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I've just read the BBC report on this and the Club statement. The two are a million miles apart in the interpretation of what happened. I'm off to look at another news outlet, but from what the Club have said the BBC are their usual mealy-mouthed RDAHMeedya selves.
No doubt our statement was written by a legal expert
No count the BBC copied the PL statement probably by some rag clown in the newsroom with their figures in their ears screaming

I'm not sure how much difference it makes in the long run but I will say it does make sense that clubs should pay interest on shareholder loans.

It will make a huge difference if I'm reading it correctly. Arsenal and a fair few other clubs with zero interest shareholder loans will fail whatever form of ffp we're now operating with. That means a possible points deduction and fine, not to mention going into the red. So basically fucked.

'relatively narrow success' lol what a complete tool that bloke is

We'll see how narrow it is when the damages are awarded.

We've been deprived of 3 sponsorships because the PL broke their own rules and acted unfairly. That's not going to be waved away, and the numbers involved are likely to be sizeable.

It's going to be hard for people like Tariq to pretend this is minor when the club is awarded 8 figure compensation, the rules that caused the arbitration are thrown out, and our biggest rivals have been adjudged to be getting unfair funding via their owners which will cost them £30m+ a year going forwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.