City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

Makes us look greedy and dismissive of the league as a whole.At the same time they are defending the 115 charges too, so I’m sure greater minds than mine are behind this, but it won’t win us any popularity contests.Also, if unlimited spending prevails, we risk turning premier league into La Ligurian or SPL !Not sure how I feel on this.
City are not arguing for unlimited spending. There is no challenge to PSR, there is no challenge to UEFA related sponsor rules etc etc. We are merely challenging one PL rule, ie Associated sponsors and the PL being about to reduce our income by setting the VALUE of our freely negotiated contracts.
Lawton’s article is a disgrace.
(Is he married to an exec at the Arse?)
PS That’s Slot apparently who is married to the chief commercial officer at the Arse. Oh, that’s ok then.

Last edited:
Could it possibly be intended that way... could this be the PL's face-saving strategy the club agreed to?
Bring this claim and get it thrown out... making the PL look good, because they've lost the case against us and the 115 charges?!?
But what is today doing to our clubs reputation?

City are not arguing for unlimited spending. There is no challenge to PSR, there is no challenge to UEFA related sponsor rules etc etc. We are merely challenging one PL rule, ie Associated sponsors and the PL being about to reduce our income by setting the VALUE of our freely negotiated contracts.
Lawton’s article is a disgrace.
Which makes me believe the leak is from the PL and given it to Lawton on condition he does a hatchet job on City.

He admitted though that he doesn’t have all the information or what will come out next week. He also said the restrictions could prove unlawful in which case we win

Competition law cases aren't easy to win, apparently, but it has been done before and we know nothing really about the club's claims.

Still seems to me the February 2024 rules are excessive, burdensome and discriminatory way beyond what is required to regulate the fair values of sponsorships. But what the fuck do I know?

Have to wait and see I suppose :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.