City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

It’s does seem odd that the premier league can go beyond related party with this associated party. Not sure how different the rules are.
I have read those rules. Apart from appalling drafting which makes them very hard to understand, they appear to catch sponsorships on flimsy ground such as sponsor based in same country as owners, ie “We know they are friends of yours, so it’s associated.” The rags marine engine sponsors need challenging on this basis.

I think if City can land their allegations of discriminatory actions by the EPL it must weaken their 115 allegations against the club. Although the allegations will stand or fall on evidence, there are real questions to be answered around the framing (i.e. weaponising) of the charges, the advance briefing to Ziegler (to hit the press as City were still being advised of the charges) in terms of how it came to be done that way, who authorised it and why etc. We have been singled out for "special treatment" and I'd guess there will be a good amount of evidence. Pep calling out Levy happened for a reason.
It will definitely place even more pressure on Rosen's panel to give City a fair hearing. A very smart move by City imo.
Last para really be a good point.
A bit like Mr M against the HOC they will have difficulty simply disregarding any points City brought up legally.
Whilst I think the Panel will be fair I remember that despite overwhelming points in City favour one of the CAS voted against a 3 - 0.

Why's it us and not Newcastle taking this case against the league, is another question that I have
The PL have been giving us a kicking since we won the first pot in 2011, and have not ceased since. City might think it's time to kick back!

Why did Masters fuck off to The Emirates on the last day? Tells you everything. Had it been Liverpool or MANUre who were in the driving seat for the title would he have been at The Emirates then?

Didn't hear the interview with Stefan, is it true he reckons we'll lose the case ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.