City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

This is exactly how I feel as well. I have been a City fan for the best part of 60 years and all this “noise” is ruining my enjoyment of the game. I just want to watch my team play football. I am also struggling to understand why APT rules are a bad thing. I don’t really want to see a league where the team with the deepest pockets wins all the prizes.

Because the APT rules are a false and unnecessary construct targeted at two clubs because they have better contacts than the others?

There were perfectly good rules for making sure that sponsorship from well-defined related parties were at fair value.

Targeted and discriminatory. Real fair.

I don’t really want to see a league where the team with the deepest pockets wins all the prizes
Dear OntarioBlue. I am sorry to disappoint you, but the team with deepest pockets has always been the one to win the prizes! MANUNITED. CHELSEA. ARSENAL. LIVERPOOL. PSG. BAYERN. REAL MADRID. BARCELONA BEFORE THE CRISIS. JUVENTUS BEFORE THE CRISIS and so on and on and on and on. If in your heart of hearts think it was any different than this, then I pity you. I am not sure I should call it naivety or innocence? Whatever it is, you have one!

Worked 33 years in education. Got right to 'the top'. Bagged early retirement at the first opportunity. Honestly, with respect, you have no idea how diabolical it is. Not having a go, just agreeing with you, on turbo wheels. The illiteracy among teachers, actual teachers, is mind blowing. But, that's a mere snippet of the monstrous amazon of utter shit shite that it is. I have a million stories, and occasionally, over a pint in the pub, I try to tell them to mates. People think I'm making it up.
Just joined the profession. Must be mad!

Never mind all this talk of good guys and bad guys, its very hard to imagine that we're totally innocent of everything, to be perfectly honest.

So what's the end game here, if we do win the case and take the Premier League down as many City fans are calling

No-one is taking the PL down if it has to reverse its APT rules. What is wrong with people?

The worst that will happen to the PL if City win this is that they will have to go back to the rules under which they have just referred the club to a disciplinary panel for 115 alleged breaches. Oh, and maybe pay a few million damages.

Wow. The end of the PL is nigh. Not.

I’m chuffed city have done this - about time - but I don’t know about anyone else, I’m totally exhausted with it all and just can’t be bothered anymore. I’m just glad it’s the end of season. Football’s a fucking farce in this country now and will be played in the court rooms for the foreseeable. And that’s the Premier League’s fault, and certainly not ours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.