City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

One of the intresting parts about fair market was that the premier league can interrogate the sponsor into why they are paying what they are, so if we get someone come in and hand us a £100million, the premier league the get to grill them on it, what happens when the sponsor says, City are the biggest and fastest rising club in the world and we think that is money well spent, what do the PL do then? If you think of the exposure some sponsors are getting off the treble 4 in a row it’s probably under funded.
Perhaps a 10 percent tax to the PL to help them make legal mistakes?

One of the intresting parts about fair market was that the premier league can interrogate the sponsor into why they are paying what they are, so if we get someone come in and hand us a £100million, the premier league the get to grill them on it, what happens when the sponsor says, City are the biggest and fastest rising club in the world and we think that is money well spent, what do the PL do then? If you think of the exposure some sponsors are getting off the treble 4 in a row it’s probably under funded.

Not only that. These rules expose the difference in the way business is handled in the US (where the motivators for the rule come from) and in the Arab world. Arab business is built largely on trust. You do business with people you trust and you believe what they say they will achieve so you benefit together. So Mansour would have said to Etihad, we are going to build the world's premier football club, be there at the beginning with us and we will share the benefit together in future years. On that basis, they would be happy to invest more at the beginning in return for more return later.

At the risk of sounding brusque, American business is about how much you can get out of anyone else in the short term.

These rules make no allowance for business practice anywhere other than the US, or more generously, I suppose, the west as a whole. I can see why Mansour thinks they are targeted at businesses built on personal relationships, trust and the long term.

Last edited:
Not only that. These rules expose the difference in the way business is handled in the US (where the motivators for the rule come from) and in the Arab world. Arab business is built largely on trust. You do business with people you trust and you believe what they say they will achieve so you benefit together. So Mansour would have said to Etihad, we are going to build the world's premier football club, be there at the beginning with us and we will share the benefit together in future years. On that basis, they would be happy to invest more at the beginning in return for more return later.

At the risk of sounding brusque, American business is about how much you can get out of any else in the short term.

These rules make no allowance for business practice anywhere other than the US, or more generously, I suppose, the west as a whole. I can see why Mansour thinks they are targeted at businesses built on personal relationships, trust and the long term.

As Khaldoon said very early on that those critics can come back & judge who’s strategy is right.

Did you see the latest YouTube video of the Irish football channel off the ball????? They had mark Lawrence the former Liverpool and match of the day pundit on.

He made a big point of how it’s strange how heysel never ever gets mentioned, he said it’s like some dirty secret that they don’t want to talk about.
Reading this, my view of Lawrenson as a person has instantly changed for the better!
Stop the press! Former Liverpool player offers impartial opinion on the football 'tragedy' no-one else associated with the cult can bring themselves to mention.

If I’m right some rags produced the shirt

A few city lads I know from here in Middleton all bought one

I did like the piccadilly 261 t-shirt.

have zero sympathy for Newcastle or Villa. pretty sure earlier they voted for some of these PSR rules even if under different owners.
made your bed time to lie in it.
I sympathise with the fans whose clubs were so short sighted. Now their vote has come back to haunt them.

Something that I have not seen any comment on (although I have not been able to read every post) - is the issue that I am sure was mentioned when the news broke.

Along the lines that CITY had evidence - in the form of quotes from one of the PL clubs - that demonstrates that there is clear discrimination

Did I just dream that ?
No,it was said. Not sure by whom.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.