City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

That's what I am talking about.

It must have been far more successful than they could have dreamed of.

How much alone was that shot alone worth to Etihad?

View attachment 121512
Equally important, how much has it been worth to the Premier League in terms of marketing value around the globe? Masters and his henchmen should be thanking City, not vilifying us!

I totally disagree. Any statement would be misinterpreted, twisted and seized upon.

City have kept shtum and quite rightly IMHO

Let them mouth off, give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves.

There is a highly dubious video documentary on YouTube which I have ripped into here:

What I missed out above (and ought to add) is that half way through the video the former FD of UEFA is shown saying FFP was only introduced to stop Mamchester City. If this is true, it undermines the claims Platini made to the EU to ensure FFP didn't breach European Law ie he lied to them. The knock on is UEFA FFP could be challenged and overturned. Thus the EPL PSR rules would then undermine English clubs in Europe.

As I say, let them talk, let them contradict themselves and hang themselves. If City don't comment they're limiting further attacks.

WHAT WE NEED TO DO, AS CITY FANS, ALL OVER THE INTERNET, IS SUPPORT OUR CLUB NOT JISTVPOST ON HERE.

We all have social media accounts and many have our own websites and we can all post links in comments of other sites too.

I've done my bit by publishing my website attacking this rubbish. Please support it by linking to it. Of course support other pro City sites and articles by linking to them too.

Support our club by posting comments and links across all Social.Media, websites etc. The more we do the more impartial fans will be aware that there are two sides to this story.

I am annoyed lol really I am!

Well said. I have time and time again on here: City reply to a paper headline instantly is misrepresented on the next day back page and so it goes on. We would just be doing their job for them. Keeping quiet deprived them of the oxygen of the fire. I know we, as fans, don't like it but the best thing we can do is refuse to participate by not buying papers, not listening and responding to Talksh1te etc. We now have a very large, and growing every day, fan base. Advertisers on these media will start to demand a more positive attitude towards us and for us to be shown more as we are becoming more and more famous. The Boss has already mentioned it, we are the most watched club in the US already and businesses will more and more want to be associated with us and will demand to be shown more.

This latest debacle by the PL is them trying to protect the red shirts and will ultimately fail as it will damage the PL.

Equally important, how much has it been worth to the Premier League in terms of marketing value around the globe? Masters and his henchmen should be thanking City, not vilifying us!
100% we have considerably helped make the PL the finest and most professional in the world, our business model is copied because it is so good and so successful.

Our club and ownership should have been lauded for what we have achieved not only for football but the whole of Manchester.

I have just read an article on the Mailonline of all places about our case next week, I was actually pleasantly surprised with the public comments that followed it, yes a lot of cheats etc but a hell of a lot of positive ones, and many saying what we have done for the City of Manchester and rebuilding one of it's poorest areas.

It's incredible the amount of money spent at Chelsea under the new ownership and by the rags over the last 4-5 years, enormous sums, yet why is the media not talking about that and the "damage" done to the game.

He’ll win his seat back.

Ian Byrne is no longer a Member, but was most recently the Labour MP for Liverpool, West Derby, and left the Commons on 30 May 2024.

The dissolution of Parliament took place on 30th May 2024. There are currently no MPs – all seats in the House of Commons are vacant until after the general election on 4th July 2024. Find information on former members who were MPs at the time Parliament dissolved.

And after the election, try finding a Tory MP.

The term “tyranny of the majority” is really powerful if you step back and think about it. Whereas the media are saying City are using it because they don’t like democracy, just rewind half a century when the tyranny of the majority made homosexuality a crime, those so called criminals were subject to abuse, prison and in some cases medical procedures to “cure them”.

That my friends is an example of the tyranny of the majority.
Yes. JS Mill coined the phrase partly as a rebuttal of Utilitarianism which ignored the needs of minorities. JT gives a perfect example here.

I sympathise with the fans whose clubs were so short sighted. Now their vote has come back to haunt them.
I don’t sympathise with either set of fans one little bit. The cunts are quick to belittle and tear strips off our club and fans, so fuck each and everyone of the geordie brummie cunts.

I know Stefan said we are unlikely to win the case and he obviously has much better legal knowledge than I do but my opening would be:
Visit Abu Dhabi have offered us £200m a year to be our sleeve sponsor, is that allowed? (No)
They also want to offer the exact same deal to Fulham, is that OK? (Yes)

Not one bit of this is pretty. This case, the 115 charges, the points deductions from Everton and Forest, the shite with Leicester, the shocking blatant racism at play with our owners and those of Newcastle.

All this because clubs are having investment and challenging the hegemony of the red tops. That and the so called 'big four' - anyone remember that term.

The PL is fucked and not because of us but because the bullies don't like having their ball taken off them.

It's incredible the amount of money spent at Chelsea under the new ownership and by the rags over the last 4-5 years, enormous sums, yet why is the media not talking about that and the "damage" done to the game.
In Chelsea's case it's because they haven't won anything. If we were finishing outside the cl places no one would care about our spending.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.