City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

Deputy Prime Minister is a low down ceremonial role with no actual power. It just sounds fancy, which is the point.

Vice President is a very powerful role and Mansour was put into that as part of a powerplay by his brother against the Al Maktoum family.

Suggesting we're owned by the UAE is absolutely bonkers and absolutely false. Suggesting we're owned by Abu Dhabi is less bonkers and false. It's fair to say that we were purchased by Sheikh Mansour personally but are an asset of the Al-Nayhan family. The word is that one of his sons, likely Sheikh Hamdan (think hes about 14 now), will be joining the board once they've finished all their schooling and what have you. He's been a fan since birth and has been to quite a lot of City games around the world. Sheikh Mansour is a huge football fan and sports are one of the ways that he seems to spend time with his kids. It has long been rumoured that he wants City to be a thing passed down through his personal family.

My old man used to take me fishing.

I think he takes his son fishing as well :)
IMG_8072.jpeg

I've sent a little note to Andy Burnham.

Man City have raised a legal query regarding the Premier League rules. The press coverage has been generally hysterical. I have yet to see a major media outlet say that if the Premier League rules are deemed illegal then Man City's challenge is justified. We live in a democratic society where we should all be able to reasonably challenge the process. That is all Man City have done. Andy, are you going to at least provide some balance by making a statement? Man City have invested heavily in Manchester and created a lot of quality jobs for local people. As Mayor of Manchester this is an opportunity to show you are a balanced and fair minded person.

It will probably get ignored, but you never know.
I sent one to him as well Being pedantic he’s not mayor of Manchester it’s Greater Manchester Mayor
I asked him why he used the office of GM-M to raise concerns over Everton writing numerous letters and using his GM-M Twitter account for them when they have zero connection to Gtr Manchester Yet he had never uttered a word of support for Manchester City FC who are in Gtr Manchester support business and development in the region

Last edited:
Deputy Prime Minister is a low down ceremonial role with no actual power. It just sounds fancy, which is the point.

Vice President is a very powerful role and Mansour was put into that as part of a powerplay by his brother against the Al Maktoum family.

Suggesting we're owned by the UAE is absolutely bonkers and absolutely false. Suggesting we're owned by Abu Dhabi is less bonkers and false. It's fair to say that we were purchased by Sheikh Mansour personally but are an asset of the Al-Nayhan family. The word is that one of his sons, likely Sheikh Hamdan (think hes about 14 now), will be joining the board once they've finished all their schooling and what have you. He's been a fan since birth and has been to quite a lot of City games around the world. Sheikh Mansour is a huge football fan and sports are one of the ways that he seems to spend time with his kids. It has long been rumoured that he wants City to be a thing passed down through his personal family.

My old man used to take me fishing.
Gab Marcotti, who I normally have a high regard of, on his podcast this week was total out of depth when talking about the arbitration case between City and PL
In his view
It will have an affect on the 115 case
Mansour and KAM are not football fans
He sees this as an exit strategy from City

If nothing else, the action against the PL has caused a storm on SQUAWK - over 200 comments added to their hilariously titled page about a club that they can't wait to tell everyone that they don't care about.

Brexit is another. No attempt to separate the good bits of the EU from the bad.

So not only do we need to be lawyers, accountants, geo-political, marketing & human rights experts to be City fans these days, we have to be philosophers as well.
That's achievable, all the Ragclarts, Scouseclarts and Arseclarts on social media seem to manage it with ease.

Many of us have a different opinion but, unless the facts come out we'll never know. In the meantime, I'll stick with Florentino Perez's inside view;

“There was one of the English clubs who didn’t seem so interested and that spread to the rest. They signed the contract but we could already see that that they were not convinced. And then the avalanche started, the Premier League ‘heating things up’. They said: ‘We’re going to pull out for now.’ There was a club that you could tell wasn’t as interested but they worked with us and signed up.”
Although he had said he would not name the club, when he was asked if it was Manchester City Pérez said: “The one from Manchester saw the campaign saying this will kill the leagues, that it won’t allow [sporting] merit, that it was the end of football. There are people who have privileges and don’t want to lose them, even if it ruins football. When the English called me [on Tuesday], we met to see what we could do. They tried, but said: ‘Look, we’re not going to do this.’”
Mitigating circumstances / reasons / excuses - call them what you like. Reluctant or not we signed up. Just because we pulled out of the project 5 minutes before Chelsea did doesn't mean we were the good guys. As you say, we all have different opinions, but it's a 100% fact that we signed up (without consulting the fans) and allowed one of the Glazers on our website to tell us all how good it was going to be. What's done is done. But we shouldn't have been anywhere near that Project.

The consortium, led by Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital, offloaded two hotels situated next to the ground generating around £75.6million - with the sale reducing the club's losses from £248.5m to £90.1m after tax, the club had said.

According to The Athletic the Premier League proposed a ban on clubs from performing such actions at its Annual General Meeting at the Rudding Park Hotel in Harrogate on Thursday. It appears only 11 of the 20 clubs backed their movement - short of the two-thirds majority needed to ratify an amendment to the rules.

What utter fucking chaos. The EPL are totally incompetent and led by clowns. Something that could totally fuck up their PSR rules and they’re basically split 50/50 ! And City have them in arbitration starting Monday :)
How much longer can that ass-clown Masters hang on ?
Exactly this. Just how can an organisation of so called 'professionals' fuck it up so badly for themselves? It really is unbelievable. If the PL was a business listed on a stock exchange, the top management would have been drummed out and replaced a long time ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.