City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

Thanks for sharing. Seems to cut through all of the bullshit nicely
It is far more balanced than the rest of the lunacy out there, but still fails to specify and address the basic premise that City are challenging, and also tries (of course) to conflate the issue with that of the entirely separate 115 shite.
As for us being a 'trophy' asset, well we may be more visual than most of SM's investments but we're not just a showpiece, I mean he has to be £2bn or so up on asset value from the date he acquired it, nett after outlay and subsequent investment..?

EXCL: Premier League fails in bid to close loophole letting clubs use profits from sale of hotels, training grounds, other tangible assets in FFP submissions. Proposal at AGM fell short of 2/3 majority needed (votes 11/20). W/ @mjshrimper @TheAthleticFC
What a mess.

Investors can't invest, sponsors can't sponsor, clubs are selling hotels to themselves, every club, us included, are trying to draft the rulebook to give themselves an advantage, rules are being backdated.

I don't know why City seems to be getting all the ire on this, the league is a joke. I suspect the challenge to voting rights is partly pointing out that if 2/3rds of your mates decide to come and shit in your bed then it still doesn't make it right.

Don't even know what the answer is. The whole thing is fucked.

Presumably any club who may get close to the FFP limit will want hte option to sell a training ground to their owner.

You can only do that once though. Maybe at City we could sell off the individual named pitches one at a time when the need arises....

The Yaya Toure training pitch? Thanks for asking Sheikh Mansour, that'll be £40m....

Presumably any club who may get close to the FFP limit will want hte option to sell a training ground to their owner.

It's just ridiculous they don't have a sensible set of rules after 10 years. They have been so hell-bent on using them to stop City, they are an absolute mess.

For once, you have to admire UEFA for putting together a set of rules that are sensibly enforceable. I suppose that is the minimum you should expect, though.

You can only do that once though. Maybe at City we could sell off the individual named pitches one at a time when the need arises....

The Yaya Toure training pitch? Thanks for asking Sheikh Mansour, that'll be £40m....

I don't know the details, but it does seem to suggest that:
- give money to club to build something (exempt from FFP)
- club build it
- club can then sell it back if needed (and keep the money for FFP)

I'm hoping that someone will say that's not how it works - I can't see immediately how it wouldn't.

What a mess.

Investors can't invest, sponsors can't sponsor, clubs are selling hotels to themselves, every club, us included, are trying to draft the rulebook to give themselves an advantage, rules are being backdated.

I don't know why City seems to be getting all the ire on this, the league is a joke. I suspect the challenge to voting rights is partly pointing out that if 2/3rds of your mates decide to come and shit in your bed then it still doesn't make it right.

Don't even know what the answer is. The whole thing is fucked.
The PL have brought this on themselves by stopping people from investing their own money and now stopping people putting money in via sponsors, accountants have just found ways to be more creative as was always going to be the case.

He is the PL's Platini, except without the French "penchant" for fighting for what is right (yes, I know).

If Platini had got FFP right in the first place, we would be in a much better place now. The spunkbubble.
Chaos in the power vacuum.

I

In family dynasties many roles are ' ceremonial' but significant in the hierarchy and public perception.

They are usually in place to prevent coupes from developing.

Sheikh Mansour is a significant figure in the current UAE hierarchy but a very regular guy when out with his family and mates.

One of his wives is a daughter of Muhammad Maktoum leader of Dubai.
More than one wife wow that makes me feel very queezie the thought of 2 never mind 3 fills me with dread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.