City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

Platini’s proposal was fine but G14 refused to accept any provision about debt and threatened to set up a rival to UCL. Platini caved.

And he should have stood up to them then but he didn't have the stomach for the fight. The cheese-eating surrender monkey.

Like Masters should be standing up now for a sustainable system of financial controls that benefits the league as a whole. The ...... I don't know, wuss?

Deputy Prime Minister is a low down ceremonial role with no actual power. It just sounds fancy, which is the point.

Vice President is a very powerful role and Mansour was put into that as part of a powerplay by his brother against the Al Maktoum family.

Suggesting we're owned by the UAE is absolutely bonkers and absolutely false. Suggesting we're owned by Abu Dhabi is less bonkers and false. It's fair to say that we were purchased by Sheikh Mansour personally but are an asset of the Al-Nayhan family. The word is that one of his sons, likely Sheikh Hamdan (think hes about 14 now), will be joining the board once they've finished all their schooling and what have you. He's been a fan since birth and has been to quite a lot of City games around the world. Sheikh Mansour is a huge football fan and sports are one of the ways that he seems to spend time with his kids. It has long been rumoured that he wants City to be a thing passed down through his personal family.

My old man used to take me fishing.
There are two other points that the anti City ignoramuses overlook.

1) SM is just one of three deputy prime ministers of the UAE.

2) SM can never become prime minister of the UAE because that post is reserved exclusively for the ruler of Dubai. When the ruler of Dubai dies his heir takes over the role of prime minister of the UAE.

That's what happened with the Deputy PM and the Vice President roles in the UAE. Sheikh Zayed, the founder of the UAE and Sheikh Mansour's Dad negotiated the tribes coming together in the first place and divvied up different roles for different families. DPM was a shared role between two families. The Vice President was more interesting because it was supposed to be the "other" family from the President. So the Al Nayhan's had the Presidency while the Al Maktoum's had the Vice Presidency, representing the two most powerful tribes/families in the UAE at formation.

Sheikh Mohammed, the current President and Mansour's elder brother, broke with this tradition/promises and created the Vice Presidency as a shared role now where there's an Al Nayhan (Mansour) and an Al Maktoum (Mohammed Al Maktoum from the Dubai ruling family) who jointly perform it. This is important because the VP position was always promised to the ruler of Dubai alone.

Many see this as a power grab, some others see this as a punishment for the Dubai financial crisis in 2009 whereby the Emirate almost fell into bankruptcy and had to be bailed out by Abu Dhabi which hurt the image of the UAE to investors. Punishment in 2022 for events in 2009 are not considered a particularly long wait for "revenge" in these types of cultures. One of the reasons that I always remind people that Abu Dhabi and the slander they've suffered through Man City won't be forgotten, they just don't react quickly but they'll make their move eventually. It might be two decades but they have long memories of this stuff.

They need to have a word with them about who Emirates sponsor.

Mitigating circumstances / reasons / excuses - call them what you like. Reluctant or not we signed up. Just because we pulled out of the project 5 minutes before Chelsea did doesn't mean we were the good guys. As you say, we all have different opinions, but it's a 100% fact that we signed up (without consulting the fans) and allowed one of the Glazers on our website to tell us all how good it was going to be. What's done is done. But we shouldn't have been anywhere near that Project.

Exactly this. We had the opportunity to become the poster boys of English football (for a short while) but were scared shitless of missing out.
The rags got where they were by being selected as the poster boys, No thanks, let's just be the best through the brilliant running of our club from top to bottom.
It's not a popularity contest.

The whole way the Premier League is run is corrupt as fuck.

Who proposes rule changes? Is it Masters, the red top puppet? Is it the premier league clubs themselves? Is that why John Henry, the Glazer family and others were pictured dining together? Who decides what is voted upon?

The associated party transactions are a stroke of genius as they give total control to the Premier League as to which team benefits and which teams don’t. The Premier League decides what is and isn’t an associated party.

Then the Premier League send details of the APT to Neilson Sports, a data analytics company, employed by the Premier League to decide whether the deal is fair market value or not. Which is open to all sorts of corrupt practices like, there’s a bonus in this if you say it’s not fair value. Sponsorship rejected!

Or Ineos decide to sponsor utd’s training kit for £150m a year, associated party, let’s refer it to our retained data analytics company, big bonus if you pass this as fair market value.

It all stinks.

It really is the tyranny of the majority. Kieron McGuire jokingly said that the Premier League could get 14 votes to ensure that City are not allowed to play in sky blue, won’t happen because it would expose the cartel and the PL for what it is, a corrupt cesspit of vipers.

Cunts.

Ineos would be a related party anyway surely.

It’s difficult without seeing the full submission but personally I do think there needs to be some regulation around associated parties (well, there does now because they allowed the Newcastle sale through, the right answer would have been never allowing that to happen), it sounds like the PL have overreached with it though.

There are two other points that the anti City ignoramuses overlook.

1) SM is just one of three deputy prime ministers of the UAE.
T
2) SM can never become prime minister of the UAE because that post is reserved exclusively for the ruler of Dubai. When the ruler of Dubai dies his heir takes over the role of prime minister of the UAE.
Each Emirate provides a member of the Cabinet, essentially a talking shop, the role of which is to provide unanimity on legislative proposals before they are passed by the Emir. Deputy PMs are chosen from these reps, I think the most senior. As you say there are currently three so Mansour is A DPM not THE DPM.

I have just had a conversation with someone on another forum. He insisted that we were guilty in the UEFA case, and that my defence of the latest case was pathetic.

After posting the CAS media release in proof of our innocence, I asked him what he would do if City win the 115.

MEDIA RELEASE:
For further information related to the CAS activity and procedures in general, please contact either Matthieu Reeb, CAS Director General, or Katy Hogg, Communications Officer. Château de Béthusy, Avenue de Beaumont 2, 1012 Lausanne, Switzerland. media@tas-cas.org; Tel: (41 21) 613 50 00; fax: (41 21) 613 50 01, or consult the CAS website: www.tas-cas.org
FOOTBALL – UEFA COMPETITIONS: MANCHESTER CITY FC DID NOT DISGUISE EQUITY FUNDING AS SPONSORSHIP CONTRIBUTIONS BUT DID FAIL TO COOPERATE WITH THE UEFA AUTHORITIES

CAS DECISION: EXCLUSION FROM PARTICIPATION IN UEFA CLUB COMPETITIONS LIFTED; FINE MAINTAINED BUT REDUCEDTO EUR 10 MILLION

He said that he would put it down to our colossally expensive lawyers.

So, despite me proving that CAS declared innocence, you will not accept it.
If we win the 115, you will not accept innocence.
And you think it is pathetic to bring the latest case.

This is the issue with the tribalism of the game - all evidence is ignored and the click-bait merchants in the media give those fans everything to support their opinion, simply because it generates them more money.
Look at what tribalism did to Rangers, EBTs were used by many clubs and weren’t illegal but they almost got destroyed for using them, a malicious prosecution apology six years later which arguably set them back ten years didn’t cut the mustard

How can the PL decide on fair value of sponsorships for ManCity. We are in unprecedented territory. the treble then the 4 peat. Also world champions. The flagship club of a global franchise.
A billion over 10 years for stadium rights isn’t out of the question. Pl will say it is. Competition between club and PL on sponsorship is a conflict of interest.
I honestly think City should be using the super league as a threat including a few Middle East teams.
The PL are on shaky ground when. City, Chelsea, villa and Newcastle team up.
I am unsure why Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal are not with us on this? They will find it hard to rebuild under current financial rules. They got fined already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.