City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

Generally agree. But is it an independent commission, though?

No idea who this legal case is brought in front of, but I imagine if it is against the PL and there is further chance of loss claim, then it is nothing to to do with the PL's commissions, independent or not. The article refers to a tribunal. That, or some level of court, sounds more logical.
That's how I see it , a civil court dealing with competition law

One of the clubs contacted for their input (the PL are treating confidentiality so seriously they even got permission from the tribunal to do that).

Probably Liverpool given the source.
So it broke on the same day as Charter Standard scandal & you think Liverpool are the leak?

Nah, them cheeky American chappies would never play dirty like that….

Generally agree. But is it an independent commission, though?

No idea who this legal case is brought in front of, but I imagine if it is against the PL and there is further chance of loss claim, then it is nothing to to do with the PL's commissions, independent or not. The article refers to a tribunal. That, or some level of court, sounds more logical.

It's reported as a Section X tribunal under PL rules. Each party chooses an arbitrator and the two choose a chairman.

Not sure how a PL tribunal can make judgments on competition law personally, no matter what the rules say. But I'm not a lawyer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.