City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

I’ll give them their due, they are slating standard chartered and want them gone.
They don’t seem to think they need an enquiry though. LFC in cahoots with funder of terrorism, what did LFC execs know? Did they act in good faith as per the EPLs own rules? What material gains did they make from this deal, signings, league position, is compensation due to other clubs etc etc ? How could the EPL allow this deal especially when SC have received fines in excess of $1Billion dollars dating back over a decade? This has been going on for nearly two decades, I want a huge enquiry and charges across all impacted seasons.

I can see at least 200 maybe up to 400 charges, then if found guilty, unlimited punishment.

It’s Not about “related”, Dom, but I expect the clubs have not got this straight.
It probably won't 100% stop fair sponsorship rules which is OK, from just looking in without too much research it just seems like a challenge to Associated Sponsorship.

UEFA rules will still apply and "fair value" is part of the criteria they adhere to, this would still be the case (I think).

They don’t seem to think they need an enquiry though. LFC in cahoots with funder of terrorism, what did LFC execs know? Did they act in good faith as per the EPLs own rules? What material gains did they make from this deal, signings, league position, is compensation due to other clubs etc etc ? How could the EPL allow this deal especially when SC have received fines in excess of $1Billion dollars dating back over a decade? This has been going on for nearly two decades, I want a huge enquiry and charges across all impacted seasons.

I can see at least 200 maybe up to 400 charges, then if found guilty, unlimited punishment.

They would just play the victim(isation) card - it's in their dna.

The problem is how transparent the Premier League have been, particularly with Newcastle. The hypocrisy is blatant and out there in the open. 'Related party' deals have always been part of football, because business people are going to find sponsors from their personal contacts. It was never an issue when Mike Ashley was doing it, because he never threatened to win anything. It's not been a problem with Bayern Munich being sponsored by companies that own shares, even when their commercial income is vastly inflated compared to similarly-sized clubs, because they were an already established club, so no-one noticed.

One that I remember was when Liverpool got taken over by an American and the next year they had the biggest shirt deal in history from Warrior; an American company that no-one had ever heard of, who could suddenly outbid Nike or Adidas, and give a record shirt deal to a team that at the time was finishing 8th. That company just happened to be owned by a personal friend of the new chairman and was swiftly taken over by New Balance, so didn't really get any benefit from the publicity.

And this is the racism that they talk about. Two American friends supporting each other's business are seen as completely above board (and why not?). A Germany company sponsoring a club they have shares in is seen as fine. Two companies that both happen to come from the UAE are automatically portrayed as related parties purely based on that fact. There's this constant narrative just below the surface that there's something murky and shady about Arab businesses.
Simple really American white money good. Arab brown money bad. City need to expose this it's blatant racism.

Not sure how that can be true since the rules were brought in as a result of the majority of the clubs voting in favour of them, unless a significant number have changed their minds?
They’ve come forward to support the PL, as I read it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.