City launch legal action against the Premier League

Just my opinion and not shared by many on here it seems.

But the club can do more than one thing at a time.

They can win in tribunals and the courts and they can also play a much better game in the media.

If not an explanatory statement, then they have people like Micah Richards as a City Ambassador. Get him to tweet saying this legal case has nothing to do with the 115 charges, etc. What else are we having him as an ambassador for?

Just allowing silence allows all sorts of shit to be said about the club. Plus, any win in the courts will be ignored by the usual suspects anyway.

Imo, it's time for City to start being tougher with the media in this country because they've got away with crap for far too long.
On an emotional level I totally agree with you, it would be great if we issued libel and defamation proceedings against Winter, Cross, Delaney, Harris and all the rest of the paid red puppets. I’d die a happy man seeing them all lose their homes and assets.

BUT, this is a high level long game. We are under a sustained attack by the cartel, and now finally we are no longer seeking peace and acceptance. The approach has shifted and we have now gone to war. We are suing the PL for damages, attacking the entire rule book, and this is just the start. They began all of this, I’m hugely confident City will finish it.

Hopefully then we still have the appetite remaining to deal with the shills.

The first monitoring period started in 2011/12, and was that year plus the following one. It then moved to a 3-year basis.

Are you sure?

I thought 2011/12 and 2012/13 was the first (2 year) monitoring period for UEFA and 2013/14, 2014/15 and 2015/16 the first monitoring period for the PL? Which is why the PL alleged breaches for FFP are only for the years 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18?

Maybe I am getting old :)

Been in work, not had access to soshul meedya all day.

Could someone give a brief summary of key points raised today regarding this issue?

Pweesy pweese??

We're guilty, we most likely killed Jesus. We financed Hitlers campaign in Europe and invented COVID-19 to try and stop Liverpool winning the league.

So in a nutshell will we bring a end to the Premier league as we know it now.

I remember seeing a quote from Ryan Giggs when Sheik Mansour first invested in City. He said he would start worrying about it when City start winning trophies. My thought at the time was that would be when it's too late. An arrogant reply from a club that assumed they would keep winning. How wrong he was. And now we are eating their lunch everyday.
tbf Giggs would have been more concerned with his sister in laws knickers than Sheik Mansour's plans at the time.

Surely these rules are anti competitive and this is City’s case?
Etihad Airlines have had great value from their sponsorship of City following City’s decade of success in winning multiple trophies the Etihad name is seen around the world on the front of shirts and spoken about when broadcasters are referring to the stadium. The English European champions team flew back from the UCL final on the Etihad City B787. When they analyse the exposure and how much that would cost in advertising, Etihad would have been paying many times more than the cost of the sponsorship.
Let’s assume the sponsorship was due for renewal and Etihad, because of the above, the extraordinary triple season and in anticipation of the additional exposure taking part in the CWC in 2025 will bring, especially as it’s in the USA were willing to increase it by 30%. Under the new rules this would have to be submitted to the PL for ratification, the PL refuse the 30% and City are denied a substantial sum, yet another much less successful club who’s sponsor is subject to the new rules can increase theirs by 30%

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.