City launch legal action against the Premier League

This all boils down to one question. If the laws are found to be illegal according to UK law would you want them changed? Or carry on?

I've asked a few, and they either avoid answering the question or are happy to carry on with the rules. Which is where we are at with football tribalism nowadays.

Why the fuck has this civil war narrative got so much traction? It's entirely irrelevant who sides with the premier league and who sides with city. unless I'm wrong, it's my understanding city are claiming it's unlawful, therefore there is no side to choose, it is against the law or it isn't regardless of whether a club approves of it or not.

Isn't it a bit crazy, how this is always the press reaction, whenever anyone dares question if the PL might be in the wrong, or is attempting to stop the PL doing what they believe is wrong? Especially City or any clubs with Persian gulf links.

3739668.jpg

"OMG this could destroy all of football, they questioned if a rule needs to be changed because it seems unfair and unlawful... Somebody think of the red shirts!"

Right, but nobody seems to have any idea if the voting thing is a separate thing, or just a line thats’s part of pages of evidence that’s part of the ATP case and the ‘tyranny of the majority’ a soundbite taken out of context.
The voting thing just seems odd to me as what would we want it replaced with?

The voting system is fine. What the PL needs is a CEO with balls. Just one ball would be an improvement

Was it really that positive. Thought he was more reserved than earlier appearances and didnt seem to think we’d win this new/upcoming APR Arbitration Panel. Plus that we had made Pannicks job more difficult by distracting him/the rest of the legal team from the 115 case. And this Tyranny statement doesnt sit right, even if its not a key part of the submission, dont see us winning on that one at all.

Maybe ill listen again tomorrow, as getting late but feel a little less positive than i did a week ago. Probably not helped by the frankly ludicrous press reaction….

You don't really think the club is trying to throw out the voting system? There is nothing to "win" on that. The club are trying to build a case that the APT rules that have been implemented are discriminatory to certain clubs. Everything that was in the original article will be part of that case but was cherry-picked by someone without the intellect to understand any of it solely based on the fact that it would generate interest when presented with no context.

Relax and ignore the press. Don't listen to sports journalists on legal matters. They barely seem to understand the game, let alone a complex challenge to the PL based on competition law.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.