City launch legal action against the Premier League

I'm astonished by how much rival fans have been whipped into a frenzy over this one. Just had a look at Sam's Lee article and fans are wanking themselves silly that we won't exist by Christmas. It's a challenge to a sub-clause that didn't exist in February using emergent interpretations of competition law. "Tyranny of the majority" is a standard phrase in law/politics to suggest that just because something is democratic doesn't make it just or legal. Anyone would think we've gone to the houses of commons and demanded the election cease to happen.

we really need to make a case around the leak of this. if PL confidentiality is in the rules someone has to be charged of breaking that rule.
otherwise we have 100+ charges against us and other break the rules and have no charges against them.

still the silence on Chelsea's historical wrongdoing is not answered yet by PL despite they self admitted it, what investigation must be needed there really.

I was previously of the opinion this latest legal challenge had absolutely no link to the 115 case.

However, the highlighted part of your post could probably used as mitigation against the non-cooperation charges. You could not wish to have a better example of how the Premier League is unable to uphold confidentiality rules during a legal process.

This presents an obvious risk to any club if there is a high likelihood confidential data/information it shares with the PL is at risk of being leaked / used for nefarious purposes.

Villa are supporting us as they as do Newcastle have the money to challenge for the league without these stupid new rules. I think Villas owner is the third richest owner in the league.

I'm astonished by how much rival fans have been whipped into a frenzy over this one. Just had a look at Sam's Lee article and fans are wanking themselves silly that we won't exist by Christmas. It's a challenge to a sub-clause that didn't exist in February using emergent interpretations of competition law. "Tyranny of the majority" is a standard phrase in law/politics to suggest that just because something is democratic doesn't make it just or legal. Anyone would think we've gone to the houses of commons and demanded the election cease to happen.
Yeah it's mental, I don't often browse them anymore but looked on Reddit and it's chaos, calls for the club to be liquidated, brand new club established, get the owners to sell etc.

I always find it funny how corrupt the PL is to people until it's City arguing with them

What makes me really laugh is the media saying we're ruining the Premier League?

Excuse me?

These same twats in the press having a pile on with the 115, having us guilty before any trial or hearing, printing absolute bollocks and relegation and points deducted, whipping rival fans up into a frenzy.

Not ONE journalist has said we might be innocent, every single one of them has us guilty as charged and NOW there are accusing us of ruining the league.

The cheeky fuckin bastards, the lot of them need to banned from the Etihad next season, every single one of the shithouse's.

now then you wouldnt be suggesting that fans of rival clubs have started frothing at the mouth about something which their entire understanding of comes from the daily mail would you as that almost never happens.

I was previously of the opinion this latest legal challenge had absolutely no link to the 115 case.

However, the highlighted part of your post could probably used as mitigation against the non-cooperation charges. You could not wish to have a better example of how the Premier League is unable to uphold confidentiality rules during a legal process.

This presents an obvious risk to any club if there is a high likelihood confidential data/information it shares with the PL is at risk of being leaked / used for nefarious purposes.

The club made that argument at CAS (we didn't give over the documents because UEFA had leaks) and got very short shrift on it.

Untitled-5 231.jpg

Posted this in the media thread but it’s probably more relevant here (sorry for spamming blues)

I’ve said this many times elsewhere and others make the same point - but come on City - fucking do something. How can we be the world’s best club - a superb organisation, wonderful team, the best management, the very best ownership - and be seemingly utterly clueless when in comes protecting our public image and managing relationships with an unremittingly hostile media. It’s really shouldn’t be that difficult.
The first thing I’d do today would be an untraceable leak of our full claim document - this would doubtless expose Lawton’s cherrypicking and spin - at least it would muddy the waters. I’m sure someone could find a full copy amongst some refuse in a back street in Abu Dhabi - “God knows how it got there” :)
But what do I know ….just an FOC fed up of us getting trashed and wanting to fight back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.