City launch legal action against the Premier League

I hope they do, nothing would motivate these guys to go for 5 in a row than some neanderthal booing from the terraces and the media arseholes doing their thing.

And the last few days has left me in no doubt whatsoever that Pep will be resigning.
Yep. He doesn't need this shit, as none of us do.
Unfortunately, that will be a major victory for the PL and the media.

I think this is true, but just to add to it a bit. The drafting of 'associated party' is extraordinarily wide. I presume City are arguing that the wording catches US sponsorship deals for US-owned club just as it covers UAE sponsorship deals for us, but that it's being applied in a discriminatory manner so that only the latter are reviewed. We'll see.

The hysterical reaction in the media is risible. City prevail only if the PL has been/is acting unlawfully, you cunts.

Lawton this morning on talksport seemed to be taking a load of bollocks

As Stefan pointed out, it is a unique and uncompetitive business practice to require prospective club sponsors to submit financial justification of their proposed sponsorship to a third party for approval before sponsorship and will deter potential sponsorship of PL clubs. Prospective sponsors are more likely to look elsewhere, perhaps to other sports or foreign clubs on their deals.

Further if all PL club spending is anchored to the spend of the lowest PL clubs it will be harder for PL clubs to compete with the top European clubs like RM and PSG. There is a danger anti competitive business practice will prevent PL clubs competing at the highest level in European competitions and beyond.

It will be tested in the courts if such proposed uncompetitive business practices are lawful?

The British media is unnecessarily scaremongering the public about the realities of this case

we really need to make a case around the leak of this. if PL confidentiality is in the rules someone has to be charged of breaking that rule.
otherwise we have 100+ charges against us and other break the rules and have no charges against them.

still the silence on Chelsea's historical wrongdoing is not answered yet by PL despite they self admitted it, what investigation must be needed there really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.