City launch legal action against the Premier League

“What we do, every aspect of our running this club is in the best interests of everyone involved with this club and the city of Manchester. As custodians we will do everything to respect the history of MCFC”.

Khaldoon won’t let us down blues. 115 nor this other legal challenge.

Watched Stefan on talkSPORT I wonder if the tyranny of majority vote is down to the fact you are supposed to have 14 to get a vote through, now back in Feb didnt only 12 vote yes, 6 no and 2 abstained but it was still carried! Maybe this is the point, it shouldn’t be carried unless 14 is hit. If 14 can’t be got then the vote is void until it’s reached because you could effectively have say the red tops vote yes 3 votes, City no, the rest abstain it would then be carried!

I'm astonished by how much rival fans have been whipped into a frenzy over this one. Just had a look at Sam's Lee article and fans are wanking themselves silly that we won't exist by Christmas. It's a challenge to a sub-clause that didn't exist in February using emergent interpretations of competition law. "Tyranny of the majority" is a standard phrase in law/politics to suggest that just because something is democratic doesn't make it just or legal. Anyone would think we've gone to the houses of commons and demanded the election cease to happen.
That cut and paste needs context. Without it, it’s a highly selective interpretation that was put out in the media.

The club made that argument at CAS (we didn't give over the documents because UEFA had leaks) and got very short shrift on it.
We admitted to non-cooperation due the Investigative Chamber and in particularly Leterme the chief investigator leaking like a sieve CAS reduced the fine substantially from E30M to E10M as they took into account City's mitigation

Watched Stefan on talkSPORT I wonder if the tyranny of majority vote is down to the fact you are supposed to have 14 to get a vote through, now back in Feb didnt only 12 vote yes, 6 no and 2 abstained but it was still carried! Maybe this is the point, it shouldn’t be carried unless 14 is hit. If 14 can’t be got then the vote is void until it’s reached because you could effectively have say the red tops vote yes 3 votes, City no, the rest abstain it would then be carried!
I can't understand why some would abstain on something so fundamental to the finance of the game. They don't deserve to have a vote IMHO.

The tribunal won’t consider if a rule is legal at the hearing. This is us testing it ahead of that. If we win it will seriously weaken the case of the PL against us.

You always enter court thinking you have a strong case - both sides will hear and it’s a gamble. A lot of bollocks is going to get spread about our motives etc - the PL was always a protectionist racket to the disadvantage of anyone not in it - yet is somehow getting painted as the last bastion of decency.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.