City launch legal action against the Premier League

I'm astonished by how much rival fans have been whipped into a frenzy over this one. Just had a look at Sam's Lee article and fans are wanking themselves silly that we won't exist by Christmas. It's a challenge to a sub-clause that didn't exist in February using emergent interpretations of competition law. "Tyranny of the majority" is a standard phrase in law/politics to suggest that just because something is democratic doesn't make it just or legal. Anyone would think we've gone to the houses of commons and demanded the election cease to happen.
P
Ian Byrne, yet another nut job Scouser, and MP, is probably going to take it to PM’s question time. Lol! :-)

Does Ian know that City are the only club in favour of an independent regulator…

Wow, and as someone added in reply

He is "quoting a line from a leaked legal document that nobody has seen and is supposed to be completely confidential written by a KC.How is this "City describing themselves" or "a PR own goal"?

Have left this reply to our Mr Darke's tweet...

"As a staunch fan of MCFC, I am not in the least embarrassed by the behaviour of our club.Now, I would be embarrassed if my clubs sponsors were found guilty of laundering money for terrorist organizations; or if my clubs fans were guilty of causing the deaths of Italian fans"

Interesting ! Given the above, could someone enlighten me on this point : I've read a number of differing accounts as to when the Premiership adopted and took on Gill's "Get City FFP" rules from UEFA - I think it was in 2015 ?. I recall the media headlines at the time rejoicing that the Premiership would now have their turn to try and sink City . If I recall correctly - didn't 6 clubs ( City, AV, and 4 others ) vote against their adoption and at the very last moment Reading abstained enabling the usual suspects to get their motion through. The voting would therefore have been 13 for / 6 against. I always understood that Reading's mysterious last minute abstention swung the vote in favour of adopting Gill's FFP and yet the voting in favour ( 65% ) did not meet the 2/3 threshold . I'm sure I'm missing something or have got my facts wrong.
13/19 (abstaining puts the member out of the running) is 68%. Passed

We admitted to non-cooperation due the Investigative Chamber and in particularly Leterme the chief investigator leaking like a sieve CAS reduced the fine substantially from E30M to E10M as they took into account City's mitigation
I think this latest leak gives us more leverage when we get to the 115 non cooperation charges.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.