City launch legal action against the Premier League

Can someone clear something up? Are we suing the PL with this action? Or does that come later if we win the case?

From what I've read and listened to, we're challenging the legal ruling first and then if successful we will be suing the league on this point for damages.

It's a big challenge to even be successful on the first part.

Nothing. But sponsors still lose out though, and that's what City are trying to prevent.

The sponsors don't exist for the sole purpose of funding clubs, that's exactly the narrative being spun here. They want to exploit business opportunities being associated with the cluns, as much as the clubs want their investment. Swapsies, stops everyone getting the benefit of the deals.

The way it’s being spun is that these sponsors are giving us millions of pounds more than they should, out of the goodness of their hearts, which we then use to “ruin football”.

The fact is the sponsor is in it purely for themselves. That’s business.

But no, evil city taking the piss.

To be fair I have no problem with salary caps - at least its fair. Trying to reduce others income without affecting your own is the problem - it's called forming a Cartel and preventing competition.
Would the CEO's be included in the salary cap?
Would the cleaners, ticket office, accountants, managers, physios, and every other employee in the club be on a salary cap?
Or just the people who sit front and ctr delivering the entertainment the masses pay for?
Would you accept a salary cap at work? If your salary was capped, would you be looking for a new job?

What’s this I read that the legal costs for the premiership may inpact financial support for the lower leagues?
lol ok I’m sure man city has paid fines to pl over the years , so where and how was it distributed?

Is this the first time this arbitration process has been used? or just the first time it has been leaked?

Gab Marcotti, who I normally have a high regard of, on his podcast this week was total out of depth when talking about the arbitration case between City and PL
In his view
It will have an affect on the 115 case
Mansour and KAM are not football fans
He sees this as an exit strategy from City
KaM still plays, I believe. At his age you need to be a fan to keep going. I know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.