City launch legal action against the Premier League

Am I right in thinking that if City win, the world doesn't end, and we (English football) reverts to the situation as it was before the February ammendment kicked in?

By which I mean that clubs are only allowed to spend what they earn (from sponsorship, broadcast, matchday and competition prize money) and FMV is determined by the same calculation that UEFA use?

I suppose that's a question for any of our experts but you seem to have a good handle on all this and I didn,'t think that came across in the podcast.

Yep.

Thanks for posting. It seemed clear to me that this discussion was not informed by sight of the claim document. I don’t think the discussion added anything to the debate, it was lightweight compared to the Maguire podcast but at least it tried to be somewhat more balanced than Lawton’s original hit-piece.

Pretty low bar tbf

Would the CEO's be included in the salary cap?
Would the cleaners, ticket office, accountants, managers, physios, and every other employee in the club be on a salary cap?
Or just the people who sit front and ctr delivering the entertainment the masses pay for?
Would you accept a salary cap at work? If your salary was capped, would you be looking for a new job?

Pretty much everyone with a normal job is subject to a salary cap.

If your job pays 30k, it pays 30k. You can’t go steaming in saying I want 45k or I’m off.

Ffs.

Would the CEO's be included in the salary cap?
Would the cleaners, ticket office, accountants, managers, physios, and every other employee in the club be on a salary cap?
Or just the people who sit front and ctr delivering the entertainment the masses pay for?
Would you accept a salary cap at work? If your salary was capped, would you be looking for a new job?
Salary caps means losing your best players.

Am I right in thinking that if City win, the world doesn't end, and we (English football) reverts to the situation as it was before the February ammendment kicked in?

By which I mean that clubs are only allowed to spend what they earn (from sponsorship, broadcast, matchday and competition prize money) and FMV is determined by the same calculation that UEFA use?

I suppose that's a question for any of our experts but you seem to have a good handle on all this and I didn,'t think that came across in the podcast.
You are correct.

The problem being that Masters is neither competent nor impartial, seeing that he was appointed following approval from the rags and dippers.

The fact that other candidates declined to accept the post, suggests that everything was possibly not above board, and their principles would not allow them to take the job.

Masters, on the other hand, seemed to have no qualms about being used as a puppet to carry out the cabal's wishes, however corrupt or distorted.
Hope the ones not appointed spill the beans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.