City launch legal action against the Premier League

The last City pundit to speak what he thought on sky was Mike Summerbee at the swamp after they had beat us, in the league cup, I think. We were desperately unlucky to lose, usual stuff took place. Anyway Mike said , soon we will come here and batter them, the year after, I think, we battered them
6-1with the best pass I have ever seen from a City player, David Silva, feeding Dzeko. I digress, after his truthful outburst and the following battering he was never invited on Sky again. Maybe someone has the clips to post.

I think youtube removed the longer version.

Simon Jordan, in that post on X reproduced a few pages back, claims this is a case of City trying to do what they want. This is a typical misrepresentation from the orange shyster gimp who took Crystal Palace into administration.

The key point here, as I've said previously and others have also stressed, is that there are adverse consequences for the PL only if they're acting unlawfully. If they won the case, though, City would be told by the panel to sling our hook and, given that the result would inevitably leak, our detractors could gloat lengthily and with glee.

But if City prevail, and the PL is acknowledged by an eminent panel to have been acting unlawfully, that's a huge black mark against the organisation. It would betray rank incompetence and a glaring lack of professionalism were the PL to have sought to tackle issues of concern to its member clubs by crafting regulatory measures that were incapable of withstanding a legal challenge.

This shouldn't be a controversial view. Any adult with even half a brain really shouldn't have a problem in subscribing to it. The fact that Jordan, so many football journalists and even people within the game regard City as the bad guys here is revelatory indeed.

It's a moronic view, so those espousing it are demonstrably either bad-faith actors pursuing clicks or morons. Or both, of course. OK, the way we do things is unpopular within the game (I'd argue that jealousy is at the root here, but that's another debate) and rival clubs through the PL have the right to try to clip our wings if they want to. But at the very least, we should be able to have a legitimate expectation of being dealt with lawfully.

If we think we haven't been, there's nothing wrong with initiating a legal challenge. And there's nothing wrong with us, as fans, being behind the club as it does so. Fuck all these media figures who want to gaslight us and make us doubt that.

The pseudo-knowledgeable Jordan is one who's a particular bugbear of mine, but there should be a special mention of Jack 'Uncle Tom' Pitt-Brooke here as well. But I should stop listing media cunts here, because if we start making a list, it will be practically never-ending.

The legality of this should have been tested prior to the vote, this is the sort of thing you’d expect Masters to be all over.

So confident was the floppy haired white powder fiend in his position that to provide balance he asked those two well known experts in football finance and competition law on to his podcast, Joleon Lescott and Graeme Souness.

To be fair, Souness is a Liverpool supporter, which automatically means he's a qualified accountant and lawyer...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.