City launch legal action against the Premier League

It wasn’t then mate. It was the following season after a loss, or a draw. Anyway, good to have you back and I hope you’ve enjoyed the last few years!
I rang the morning after the Aguero moment. It came 6th I think in the top 10 rants of the year
Last few yrs have been amazing but makes you appreciate York away even more...

Question to Barristers, Lawyers, and Solicitors.

At the end of a hearing/case do you get a genuine gut feeling off how the hearing/case went from the evidence put forward by both sides? Will our team genuinely know if they have won, lost, or if they aren't sure.
It depends on the meaning of ‘gut feeling’. In My Hot Anus v Scotch Bonnet 2All ER 1925 the court held that ‘gut feeling’ was a metaphor and not to be taken literally, but Fartalot J was notorious for quirky judgements.

Bet your sorry you asked now JRB :-)
Yes, to be fair to @jrb, I should try to give a serious answer.

I am no lawyer, but the process as I understand it is that the claimant documents its case, the respondent documents its defence then there is a preliminary hearing at which questions can be asked and other documents can be requested. Then the actual tribunal is scheduled which is when the arbitrators consider the claimant's case and the respondent's defence, and the two parties can question each other's documents and witnesses. Then when the tribunal closes the arbitrators consider their award on their own.

So there are various stages at which the two parties can get a good idea of their positions. At the end of the day, though, you are dealing with three individuals, even if highly professional, so you never know. Hopefully, they won't have been out on the lash the night before they come to their decision.

If it helps, and if I remember correctly, there was only a noticable feel-good atmosphere around the club in the few days before the CAS award was published, probably due to receiving some documents for factual validation. I suspect this will be the same.

So, yes and no. :)

And may all be bollocks, of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.