City launch legal action against the Premier League

Question to Barristers, Lawyers, and Solicitors.

At the end of a hearing/case do you get a genuine gut feeling off how the hearing/case went from the evidence put forward by both sides?

The answer is not Yes.

The answer is not No.

The answer is not Yes And No.

The answer is not Maybe.

The correct answer is Sometimes.

I've deleted from the quoted post the second question, because the answer to that is not the same as the answer to the first.

The second question was

"Will our team genuinely know if they have won, lost, or if they aren't sure."

The answer to the second question is Perhaps.

The answer is not Yes.

The answer is not No.

The answer is not Maybe.

I've deleted from the quoted post the second question, because the answer to that is not the same as the answer to the first.

The second question was

Thanks for clearing that up Chris. :-)

I thought that all along. I just needed it confirming. ;-)

I assume an abstention is not a vote
My take on that would be, it has to be.

If you had 20 clubs present 2 were for 1 was against and 17 abstained, is it really sufficient for just 2 to approve a change?

If voters who abstain don't care it might be okay, but I really don't know

It is 2/3 of those that vote and abstentions are non votes.
Is that a standard legal interpretation or is that the Premier League interpretation that the have always used? If it's the latter then that might be what City are arguing. If not In barking up the wrong tree and thank you for pointing it out.

Thanks for below. Really interesting read and would be great if you can add the bit about the UEFA guy confirming all of this bullshit was designed to stop City from the beginning…. (Not that we didnt know that already, but have had many rags tell me im wearing a tinfoil hat over the years, when it comes to the cartel coming after us). So this debunks all of that noise.

One quick point, im sure i saw Stefan say the emails that are out there are not doctored/fake but dont have any context/follow up so are currently half a story at most. Appreciate this response was from a while ago but do you concur with Stefan on this point now??
On your first point, it's 8.23 mins into that video where Alex Phillips (formerly UEFA's head of governance and compliance who played a key role in drawing up the FFP rules) states:

" the key part of it was the break even rule so that clubs could not spend more than they earn the concept was meant to ensure that people couldn't come in and simply buy success"

This directly contradicts what Michel Platini argued with the European Union when claiming the rules did not breach competition law.

On your second point. Yes I would agree with Stefan. Often what is not said/seen is just as important. It's only by looking at several related messages you can get an idea of context.

The answer is not Yes.

The answer is not No.

The answer is not Maybe.

The second question was

Love this! Sums up the legal position perfectly!

However, I must admit your final responses are both now mashed up in my brain recalling Desi Arnaz's and Doris Day's versions of 'Perhaps' and James's 'Sometimes (Lester Piggott)', which is quite the earworm!

Is that a standard legal interpretation or is that the Premier League interpretation that the have always used? If it's the latter then that might be what City are arguing. If not In barking up the wrong tree and thank you for pointing it out.
I've read up on this and understand it now. The rules and articles all say what ProjectDriver was saying.

It can be the case that the rules might say 2/3 of those voting or alternatively 2/3 of those present. In the latter abstentions count, but the Premier Rules and Articles of Association clearly state it is 2/3 of those voting.

It is not 14 required. It is 2/3 and only subject to a quorate meeting
You need 2/3 of the clubs to form a quorum, otherwise the meeting cannot go ahead. Ie at least 14 clubs

Then a 2/3 majority of 14 which is 10. So a motion could be passed if there are as few as 14 clubs there and 10 vote in favour, (or even 2 for, 1 against and 11 abstain).

Clubs can also vote by proxy, so don't need to be there. So you could have all 20 voting even if only 14 are present.

On your first point, it's 8.23 mins into that video where Alex Phillips (formerly UEFA's head of governance and compliance who played a key role in drawing up the FFP rules) states:

" the key part of it was the break even rule so that clubs could not spend more than they earn the concept was meant to ensure that people couldn't come in and simply buy success"

This directly contradicts what Michel Platini argued with the European Union when claiming the rules did not breach competition law.

On your second point. Yes I would agree with Stefan. Often what is not said/seen is just as important. It's only by looking at several related messages you can get an idea of context.
A quick peruse of his Twitter account suggests he's... an Arsenal fan

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to see what's going on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.