City launch legal action against the Premier League

That's the sort of thing sales was doing to climb the FA ladder

We never did end up with anyone any good from it though
Nick Barmy didn’t play in ‘that’ Spurs FA Cup tie. What more did you want for 25 years of running the club into the ground?

I see the PL are now saying that they are keeping a close eye on transfers that may take place in order to allow clubs to comply with PSR, basically these deals for academy players at Villa, Chelsea and so on.

They will consider investigation if they feel clubs are acting in "bad faith".

Fuck me they are going to have some legal department.

When are they going to realise the shit show they are creating.

As they say any fool can make something more complicated, a genius is the man who can simplify things.

I see the PL are now saying that they are keeping a close eye on transfers that may take place in order to allow clubs to comply with PSR, basically these deals for academy players at Villa, Chelsea and so on.

As they say any fool can make something more complicated, a genius is the man who can simplify things.
PL is gradually ruining itself

I was talking to a rag at a do I attended on Saturday night. I didn't know him as he was a friend of a friend

He said he thinks City will be found innocent as they'll never prove the accusations, that it's a joke the PL are pursuing it and in his opinion all City have done is spent their own money to make us winners and to change the whole of East Manchester for the better and it's scandalous that the PL think anything is wrong with that

I nearly had to go and wash out my ears as I thought I must have mis-heard him
I know you don’t actually know him so most likely won’t meet him again soon.
But, it would be interesting to get his thoughts on his own club and other cartel clubs voting in these rules that make no sense, other than to try scuttling City’s ship that has sailed off into the sunset.

PL is gradually ruining itself
Seems that way to me.

I understand the need to control costs to stop clubs going bust but this is mad.

Start again with some basic principles.

Everyone who is not in Europe can spend whatever they like, to promote ambition and owner investment.
Once they qualify for Europe they have to comply with Uefa's spending rules of a % of revenue.
Allow clubs a maximum debt of £100 million.
Any debt above this level must be reduced by at least 10% a year until this is achieved.

The big issue is the difference between the revenue the top clubs can make against the bottom clubs. I think the anchoring proposal has legs to it but needs to be thought through more.

Idiotic beyond belief. Masters took over the best league in the World by quite some distance. He has completely eroded that advantage and is now concentrating on ruining it entirely.

He gets paid for this.

Time for Alison.

Seems that way to me.

I understand the need to control costs to stop clubs going bust but this is mad.

Start again with some basic principles.

Everyone who is not in Europe can spend whatever they like, to promote ambition and owner investment.
Once they qualify for Europe they have to comply with Uefa's spending rules of a % of revenue.
Allow clubs a maximum debt of £100 million.
Any debt above this level must be reduced by at least 10% a year until this is achieved.

The big issue is the difference between the revenue the top clubs can make against the bottom clubs. I think the anchoring proposal has legs to it but needs to be thought through more.

There's no need to prevent clubs going bust. Let owners do what they want, if a club goes bust then it goes bust. Meanwhile some of the worst ran clubs will continue to rack up debt yet not go bust. It's impossible to control everything.

However, if you want to play in the CL then you have to abide by Uefa's financial rules, so clubs do need to take that into account still anyway.

That fact in itself will provide some form of anchoring, as clubs lower in the division can spend what they want to try and catch up.

All the endless regulation is madness. You can't (and shouldn't) regulate ambition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.