City launch legal action against the Premier League

Question ?

If a player signs for a club and his fee is broken down over 5 years does the selling club have to put the full amount in the season revenue when they sold him or only put the amount the buying club pay each year into the season revenue
Full amount I think although of course transfer fees can be paid in instalments in which case I think the selling club can decide to do it either way. Amortisation is purely an accounting thing for the buying club.

Question ?

If a player signs for a club and his fee is broken down over 5 years does the selling club have to put the full amount in the season revenue when they sold him or only put the amount the buying club pay each year into the season revenue
If there's no retained value from a previous contract (usually where the player has been bought previously), an Academy player or a player brought in for free, could be sold and the whole fee banked as profit in year one.

It’s strange that most of the clubs trying to get around these rules probably voted for them.

I hope they realise that City were right all along, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

What an utter mess.
Turkeys voting for Xmas - fans of Everton, Newcastle etc. still bleating "What about City?" - know your real enemies FFS!

Full amount I think although of course transfer fees can be paid in instalments in which case I think the selling club can decide to do it either way. Amortisation is purely an accounting thing for the buying club.

So if the club sell him after 12 months at a loss then both club's books would need revising right

Arsenal allegedly leaking the details of City’s case will not have gone down well.

I think it is in both sides’ interests that nobody leaks the result. It will of course become apparent in the future.
If it goes the PL's way it will be leaked, 100%. There is no downside to do so for the cartel.
It just won't be traced back to Arsenal this time. Probably another red top team.
It's akin to a team taking turns at emptying the opponents most dangerous player, spread out the contravention kickback risk.

So if the club sell him after 12 months at a loss then both club's books would need revising right
I don't think that would affect the original selling club as they're still going to get their money. If it was in instalments then that might depend on the contract whether they get the full amount owed in one go or not. If it was in one go then it just goes in the next set of books, you can't go back and revise the books, only adjust the next set. The 2nd club would obviously have to include the sale price in their books.

With every day this passes without a word by anybody, the feeling is it went for Manchester City's
The whole of the country wants City to lose and the Premier League to win this fight and send a message.

I think The Premier League or somebody in the media would be leaking this by now if they had won, SKYsports news Would be all over us if we lost this and suggested the 115 Chargers will follow suit and The Premier League have shown their power to stand up to cheaters

I’m not sure any decision will have been reached yet tbh mate.

@projectriver ?

Do you not think if the Premier League won they would be all out giving it large and billy big bollocks ?
Manchester City are Enemy No. 1 to all the members, they would be partying in the streets of London

This is why I think City must have had a major result, Also I think most of the top haters like Liverpool United Arsenal love nothing more than good news to report in the media if it benefits them and hurts Manchester City

I’d think it more likely a qualified lawyer who seems to be following all this stuff closely would have a more reliable guess than any ‘hunch’ I might have.

Turkeys voting for Xmas - fans of Everton, Newcastle etc. still bleating "What about City?" - know your real enemies FFS!

WHY not just have football rules (The Game) for all clubs under a governing body, Then leave the money side of the business to a different governing body, Yes tighter rules on ownership should be in place, like an ownership deposit that needs to be paid first like 20% of the the value of the club when buying the club,

So if your club is valued at £3billion and somebody agrees on the fee then a holding deposit of 20% down payment is paid to the Premier League, then at least the club is protected, and if you fail to look after the club and its goes into debt you lose your deposit,

I’d think it more likely a qualified lawyer who seems to be following all this stuff closely would have a more reliable guess than any ‘hunch’ I might have.

But does he have any involvement in the case, If not then his (Hunch) is worth the same as us here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.