City launch legal action against the Premier League

I doubt very much that is what the club are wanting. Where did you get that from?
City argue that sponsors linked to club owners — City’s are in Abu Dhabi — should be allowed to determine how much they want to pay, regardless of independent valuation. Four of City’s top ten sponsors have ties to the United Arab Emirates, including stadium and shirt sponsor Etihad Airways.

No, not that at all. It’s far more nuanced with a lot of intricacies.

Weird stance to take by the way. Thought I was on RAWK.
City argue that sponsors linked to club owners — City’s are in Abu Dhabi — should be allowed to determine how much they want to pay, regardless of independent valuation. Four of City’s top ten sponsors have ties to the United Arab Emirates, including stadium and shirt sponsor Etihad Airways.

This is part of the link from the Times, its on page one of this thread posted by Prestwich Blue

So basically City want our Sponsors ie Etihad etc to be able to pay as much as they want but the Premier League want it regulated so the sponsorship will be market value and not inflated ?
If so I can't see how City will win the case ?
I don't think City object to the principle of FMV though we may even like the principle applied to ALL sponsorship deals. I suspect that we objected to is the process which seems overly bureaucratic, time consuming and designed to discourage deals between clubs and sponsors with connections to the Arab world.

Again, it’s a lot more nuanced than this.

Also, City’s case isn’t even fully known. Purely the defensive view.

How on earth can anybody other than Etihad put a FMV on their sponsorship when you take into account CFG or unprecedented achievements like 4P.
I would think around 100m per year was fair.

If they knew more than Etihad they’d be working for them. Has Etihad grown & have City provided brand recognition therefore good value?

Its like he same muppets who think City wasn’t bought as an investment but has grown exponentially.

I don't think City object to the principle of FMV though we may even like the principle applied to ALL sponsorship deals. I suspect that we objected to is the process which seems overly bureaucratic, time consuming and designed to discourage deals between clubs and sponsors with connections to the Arab world.
Is there a template anywhere as to how you achieve FMV, cos if there is I would love to see it.

I think the club's arguments are a little more sophisticated that that. And I know more about law than the guy who wrote that. And I know fuck all.

So basically City want our Sponsors ie Etihad etc to be able to pay as much as they want but the Premier League want it regulated so the sponsorship will be market value and not inflated ?
If so I can't see how City will win the case ?
If etihad want to sponsor Fulham as well as city, they can sponsor Fulham for £200m a year if they so wish but city will be told how much we are allowed to be sponsored for

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.