City launch legal action against the Premier League

Saw this and without side tracking this thread (flattering myself!) I thought what are the Manchester MPs and the Mayor doing whilst this hate fest goes on against a Manchester club?
It's a great question because CFG are the biggest investors in the city of Manchester and the most important partner the local authority has got. Thousands of jobs and hundreds of businesses are being put under threat beacuse of a politically-motivated witchunt by a corrupt cartel and a racist UK media.

It's needed now because the so called "big clubs" have been completely taken over. The powers that be are trying to put a stop to it.

It's funny reading the likes of "All football clubs and fans want is a level playing field"...

Eh, There's never been a level playing field, The Rags have spent more than anybody else in the Premier League (still doing it to this day), They were successful years ago because they bought up every top player whilst the rest of the league hadn't a pot to piss in...

Real Madrid with all the Galacticos, No moaning about that either, Apparently it was great that they were spending millions buying all the top players!

The so called "elite" are throwing their toys out of the pram now because little City are winning everything, They succeeded in stopping Newcastle spending money because they are afraid of there lives that they'll also overtake them all (which they would have).

Although it's OK for your stadium to be falling apart, Being £900m in debt, Yet still spend £80m on 32 year olds...That's fine.

I think what the Premier League have done will make potential new owners question if they want to invest into a club that would be shackled and prohibited from spending what a club needs to spend to be a In a position to win trophies.

The clubs that will stop them from spending are their opposition in the league.

If that isn’t anti competition I don’t know what is.

Why would any new owners want to invest into the premier league, unless it was to milk the club of money like the glazers are doing. In my opinion this is the beginning of the end of the premier league.

Last edited:
You make it sound like the Home Office rules are applied objectively all of the time but, there are loads of anomalies.

Probably. But that is not the Premier league deliberately stopping us having a player.

to busy for us, he's busy with keir Starmer and the rest of the Labour chums sucking freebies up at the swamp while planning how there going to explain a billion pound stadium to the taxpayer
To be fair it's not a political point I am making. City have plenty of allies in the Labour ranks who will fight our corner moving forward, not least because Labour are just as keen on an independent regulator as the outgoing Tories were. I just think Burnham has been ineffective as a Mayor for Greater Manchester and I don't think that is an uncommon view.

I've sent a little note to Andy Burnham.

Man City have raised a legal query regarding the Premier League rules. The press coverage has been generally hysterical. I have yet to see a major media outlet say that if the Premier League rules are deemed illegal then Man City's challenge is justified. We live in a democratic society where we should all be able to reasonably challenge the process. That is all Man City have done. Andy, are you going to at least provide some balance by making a statement? Man City have invested heavily in Manchester and created a lot of quality jobs for local people. As Mayor of Manchester this is an opportunity to show you are a balanced and fair minded person.

It will probably get ignored, but you never know.

Agreed but there are numerous examples of big clubs getting preferential treatment.

Really? Kind of doubt that. But even if there was, it would be by the home office, not by the PL who are not the ones that issue the work permits.

I've sent a little note to Andy Burnham.

Man City have raised a legal query regarding the Premier League rules. The press coverage has been generally hysterical. I have yet to see a major media outlet say that if the Premier League rules are deemed illegal then Man City's challenge is justified. We live in a democratic society where we should all be able to reasonably challenge the process. That is all Man City have done. Andy, are you going to at least provide some balance by making a statement? Man City have invested heavily in Manchester and created a lot of quality jobs for local people. As Mayor of Manchester this is an opportunity to show you are a balanced and fair minded person.

It will probably get ignored, but you never know.
Kin scouser, he’ll take no notice

Something that I have not seen any comment on (although I have not been able to read every post) - is the issue that I am sure was mentioned when the news broke.

Along the lines that CITY had evidence - in the form of quotes from one of the PL clubs - that demonstrates that there is clear discrimination

Did I just dream that ?

No.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.