City launch MLS Franchise

markbmcfc said:
fathellensbellend said:
markbmcfc said:
How can you not be interested in City, given where we have come from, doing something as unprecedented as starting a new football club in probably the most popular City in the world?

It's nothing short of amazing.

i would have sooner had a team that could have been arsed to win the cup, i would sooner have a club that doesnt start ticket prices at 49 quid for teams like norwich, and if the cost keeps spiralling i wont have a team to watch in england, never mind bloody america.

if this is what it takes to meet ffp, then what a load of bollox, and for the record the kit should be launched amongst the fans who shell out all year, not amongst a load of strangers, who's money you are desperate for because of platini's stupid ideas. Sorry for the rant, modern football is becoming a big turn off.

No offence as harsh as this sounds, but your about a decade in the past in your head.

Football is a business, not sports entertainment. Manchester City is an organisation like any other that has to be successful off the pitch, has to expand and grow. Football wasn't like this in the past I grant you, but these are the times we live in where signing a sponsorship deal is probably more important than beating Stoke on a Wednesday night.

Of course as fans, we are married to the club and I will never love New York City FC and jump out my skin when they score. However, young boys and girls born today in New York in ten years time will love their local club. Why should we deny them that, and why should we think that our City providing that for thousands of kids is nothing short of amazing.

Sheikh Mansour won't be around forever, but he is building a worldwide legacy that he can leave us with. We have some of the best players in the world on our books and look set to add to that. Add all that together, and if my season ticket goes up every year then so be it. I think we are getting the better deal.

no offence taken, you could be right, i take greater joy seeing my team win a cup than finishing 4th, i think modern football is dull by and large and geared to suit only those with money.

argyle said:
Gelsons Dad said:
Yet another attempt to popularise "soccer" in the states. It's a minority sport there. Pele and Becks couldn't change that and neither will we.

Might never be as big as American Football etc, but there is still money to be made.

Plus the demographics in America are changing with more Hispanic and Filipino people etc than ever and many like football.
And it's a sport that keeps increasing in the television ratings and most youths now grow up playing football at some level. This is far different than past attempts to be honest.

Surely if it is Manchester City FC that has bought the Franchise any money made can be counted as revenue. Realistically nobody on here knows what the purchase entails. Let's leave it to the powers that be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.