City launch MLS Franchise

oakiecokie said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
makes our season ticket prices seem an even bigger dropped ball.

Really no need to push prices up like that, they could have(and should have) catered to the traditional fan market and kept pushing revenues everywhere else.

You have to reward loyalty, buying great players and winning trophies is only all well and good when those fans who went for the past 30 years can afford to get in the ground each week to watch.

City could also have made a huge statement and been the pro-active club in driving down ticket prices rather than putting them up.

It makes no sense when we can make money doing stuff like this why they feel the need to take more money off the poorest market, damaging the identity of the club they're trying to sell to the world.

If you want to sell yourselves as something different to the traditional clubs you have to keep the essence of what makes us different, a local, community club who looks after its own and then everyone in its sphere.

City are making it feel like they are far too interested in looking after the people in the wider sphere more than their own, which makes us no different to any other top football club in terms of identity at the end of the day.

I really hope they take this on board for next season, season tickets and match prices should be one thing they protect and safeguard. If they had a small group of fans working on an area like that I reckon we'd come up with a superior solution.

Sorry but what on earth has this new venture got to do with ST prices ??

It triggered it because it's obviously a way to make a lot of money globally and therefore made it feel even worse that they'd shunted up ticket prices for no good reason.

I think City have created a rival for the NY Red Bulls with the idea of forming a new world football Clasico being the main reason we have gone to New York and not Orlando.

Re: Man City and New York Yankees to purchase MLS franchise

Andouble said:
Kompany is King said:
FFPR sorted, if needed.

Great idea to link with New York Yankees. How can it be anything other than a success?

I don't think this has anything to do with FFPR, aside from revenue growing from people who become City fans and buy shirts, fly over to go to games, etc.

I wouldn't think any income or moneys earned by this MLS team will have anything to do with City and FFP. Separate entities.

I would be very suprised (but pleasantly) if we were able to use any monies from this venture,as part of the FFPR,but who knows ?

can someone clever explain the benefits of this to city, and why i should be delighted, all i feel is total indifference to it, but i am willing to be convinced.

fathellensbellend said:
markbmcfc said:
fathellensbellend said:
am i the only one who cannot muster an ounce of interest in this.

How can you not be interested in City, given where we have come from, doing something as unprecedented as starting a new football club in probably the most popular City in the world?

It's nothing short of amazing.

i would have sooner had a team that could have been arsed to win the cup, i would sooner have a club that doesnt start ticket prices at 49 quid for teams like norwich, and if the cost keeps spiralling i wont have a team to watch in england, never mind bloody america.

if this is what it takes to meet ffp, then what a load of bollox, and for the record the kit should be launched amongst the fans who shell out all year, not amongst a load of strangers, who's money you are desperate for because of platini's stupid ideas. Sorry for the rant, modern football is becoming a big turn off.

No offence as harsh as this sounds, but your about a decade in the past in your head.

Football is a business, not sports entertainment. Manchester City is an organisation like any other that has to be successful off the pitch, has to expand and grow. Football wasn't like this in the past I grant you, but these are the times we live in where signing a sponsorship deal is probably more important than beating Stoke on a Wednesday night.

Of course as fans, we are married to the club and I will never love New York City FC and jump out my skin when they score. However, young boys and girls born today in New York in ten years time will love their local club. Why should we deny them that, and why should we think that our City providing that for thousands of kids is nothing short of amazing.

Sheikh Mansour won't be around forever, but he is building a worldwide legacy that he can leave us with. We have some of the best players in the world on our books and look set to add to that. Add all that together, and if my season ticket goes up every year then so be it. I think we are getting the better deal.

great, so the Etihad will be full of fat Yankee tourists once the loyal City fans can no longer affiord to go to games

fathellensbellend said:
can someone clever explain the benefits of this to city, and why i should be delighted, all i feel is total indifference to it, but i am willing to be convinced.

We can ship off Kolorov Dzeko and Garcia to the Americans I think!!

Oops plus Nasri!

They all had a one way flight ticket to New York.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.