City launch MLS Franchise

I actually can't wait to buy a NYCFC shirt.

This is just all very surreal how big we have become.

Looking on twitter, the people of New York are delighted, they hate the Red Bulls and now have a team to follow. They won't 'love' their new club, but their kids and grandchildren will.

Brilliant.

Do LLC still have a marketing interest in the rags and what's happening about that? Seems to be a conflict of interest if they are Marketing the rags and a team greatly owned by ADUG in USA.

Can anyone give me a simple explanation. I might be clued up about most things but I'm rubbish where International Business and markets is concerned.

Edit: Mr Banks, you beat me to it.
Edit 2: A team greatly owned by Manchester City FC.

So is this part of the story giving us additional revenue ?? :

Manchester City will be the new club's majority owners. Their position has been taken up by the club itself, not Abu Dhabi owner Sheik Mansour as had been widely reported. It stands as a powerful indicator that in the ongoing football arms race, the thirst for unconventional revenue streams and creative brand exposure will compel major teams to execute ever bolder global strategies.

Re: FFP New York?

Jaffamandango said:
I'm sorry if anyone has covered this? I have no idea how this works but is there a chance that NYCFC could be a buying club for us. Sort of a player laundry system with a big FU to twatini, or are their laws?
This will likely be merged, but I'll answer here and hope it gets moved, too.

MLS has a capped salary per club I think. I stress "I think" in that. There are loopholes, though, which should allow for exceptional salaries for some. That has FFPR potential, yes.

Re: FFP New York?

Jaffamandango said:
I'm sorry if anyone has covered this? I have no idea how this works but is there a chance that NYCFC could be a buying club for us. Sort of a player laundry system with a big FU to twatini, or are their laws?
No, MLS owns players contracts, not teams.

markbmcfc said:
I actually can't wait to buy a NYCFC shirt.

This is just all very surreal how big we have become.

Looking on twitter, the people of New York are delighted, they hate the Red Bulls and now have a team to follow. They won't 'love' their new club, but their kids and grandchildren will.

Brilliant.

I think they will. The yanks are all or nothing when it comes to stuff like this. They'll either say they hate them or buy every item in the club shop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.