City launch MLS Franchise

Never Mind The Pollocks said:
markbmcfc said:
I actually can't wait to buy a NYCFC shirt.

This is just all very surreal how big we have become.

Looking on twitter, the people of New York are delighted, they hate the Red Bulls and now have a team to follow. They won't 'love' their new club, but their kids and grandchildren will.

Brilliant.

I think they will. The yanks are all or nothing when it comes to stuff like this. They'll either say they hate them or buy every item in the club shop.

Might take a while as most fans abroad as we know are rag lovers, with our connection to the new team it will take a while to win them over.

It was surely more than a little naiive to think Abu Dhabi would invest the phenomenal sums they have in City without there being some changes of Biblical proportions in the Club and its landscape.

The immediate implications of this deal may not be immediately apparent, and beyond the likes of me, but will no doubt emerge in the fullness of time. Initially it seems incredibly exciting.
One thing we can be sure of; this deal has been analysed microscopically in terms of satisfying the overall goals of the 'Brand'.

In Sheihk Mansour we trust!

Schendan Brimmel ‏@theIndirectKick 2m
#NYCFC is so dumb and inorganic. Derbies don't just happen based on proximity. Many have socio-economic or historical layers to them. #MLS

You've just got to love American sports fans...

Carver said:
Do LLC still have a marketing interest in the rags and what's happening about that? Seems to be a conflict of interest if they are Marketing the rags and a team greatly owned by ADUG in USA.

Can anyone give me a simple explanation. I might be clued up about most things but I'm rubbish where International Business and markets is concerned.

Edit: Mr Banks, you beat me to it.
Edit 2: A team greatly owned by Manchester City FC.

Sorry Carver, but thank you we can't both be wrong, er can we? :-$

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Spookily New York City's rivals the Red Bulls don't play in New York.....but play in New Jersey!
It's in Newark, right? The New Jersey thing can be a bit of a red herring as much of New York City is in New Jersey.

Yeah, it's weird.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.