City launch MLS Franchise

Just incase it wan't mentioned here, this is perfect. You have one of the wealthiest futbol clubs opening a team in the USA with one of the wealthiest sports franchises in new york/USA as a partner. Congrats to Man City! I expect that this partnership will make NYCFC sky rocket (also I hope it helps the game here in the USA a bunch). I would seriously doubt that with the connections that the yankees have in the city, that a new stadium agreement will get stalled. The yankees will see to it that a perfect stadium is built! The yankess are new york, they'll help so much! Go Blue/NYC!

This dullard doesn't understand, and has now blocked me.

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/Kevin_Canis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/Kevin_Canis</a>

I'm from the US (NY specifically), and football (Soccer in the states) is huge among the middle-class. Manny towns have rec football programs and travel programs plus school teams. However, we lag because it is highly looked down upon to become a professional athletes at 16 (We are required to attend school until that age), and academies are not funded enough to provide education programs or boarding.

In terms of popularity, NBC has begun to televise "Matches of the week" with rivalries or stars as the main draw. It is definitely growing, and many Young Professionals watch it and follow it. The problem with the NY red Bulls is that they are god awful, and NYCFC will create a rivalry and force them to do something. The MLS uses the American-Style Salary Cap, where every teams has a fixed number to spend on players. The Designated Player slots are used outside of the salary cap, and clubs are given draft picks to select players from universities to replenish their rosters.

In short, NYCFC will be a good vehicle for Mansour to raise his profile in the US. I believe we will be able to loan out players to the clubs (A player loaned by spurs to SJ Earthquakes was loaned to Aston Villa for the second half of this year), however, there is an international player limit, so the ability to loan will be restricted.

Falastur said:
Schendan Brimmel ‏@theIndirectKick 2m
#NYCFC is so dumb and inorganic. Derbies don't just happen based on proximity. Many have socio-economic or historical layers to them. #MLS

You've just got to love American sports fans...

That is a point though, The Yankees and New Yorkers hate Boston/Red Sox the most.
More like the North East Derbies or even the Rags/Dippers.

taconinja said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Spookily New York City's rivals the Red Bulls don't play in New York.....but play in New Jersey!
It's in Newark, right? The New Jersey thing can be a bit of a red herring as much of New York City is in New Jersey.

Yeah, it's weird.
They play in Harrison, NJ you need to take the PATH to get there.

When you think there can be no more surprises with this club, you really have to shake your head twice when you see we're teaming up with the Yankee's. Probably the most famous and richest sports team there is!

Love this idea, summer football as well and possibly a trip out there...

JoeMercer'sWay said:
makes our season ticket prices seem an even bigger dropped ball.

Really no need to push prices up like that, they could have(and should have) catered to the traditional fan market and kept pushing revenues everywhere else.

You have to reward loyalty, buying great players and winning trophies is only all well and good when those fans who went for the past 30 years can afford to get in the ground each week to watch.

City could also have made a huge statement and been the pro-active club in driving down ticket prices rather than putting them up.

It makes no sense when we can make money doing stuff like this why they feel the need to take more money off the poorest market, damaging the identity of the club they're trying to sell to the world.

If you want to sell yourselves as something different to the traditional clubs you have to keep the essence of what makes us different, a local, community club who looks after its own and then everyone in its sphere.

City are making it feel like they are far too interested in looking after the people in the wider sphere more than their own, which makes us no different to any other top football club in terms of identity at the end of the day.

I really hope they take this on board for next season, season tickets and match prices should be one thing they protect and safeguard. If they had a small group of fans working on an area like that I reckon we'd come up with a superior solution.
Is there rain in your fairy tale?

Bballer7389 said:
taconinja said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Spookily New York City's rivals the Red Bulls don't play in New York.....but play in New Jersey!
It's in Newark, right? The New Jersey thing can be a bit of a red herring as much of New York City is in New Jersey.

Yeah, it's weird.
They play in Harrison, NJ you need to take the PATH to get there.
Oh, wow. Harrison? Well then.

Slicker than Sommeil said:
Falastur said:
Schendan Brimmel ‏@theIndirectKick 2m
#NYCFC is so dumb and inorganic. Derbies don't just happen based on proximity. Many have socio-economic or historical layers to them. #MLS

You've just got to love American sports fans...

That is a point though, The Yankees and New Yorkers hate Boston/Red Sox the most.
More like the North East Derbies or even the Rags/Dippers.

Then maybe we've announced NYCFC to teach Americans how sports is supposed to be run :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.