City launch MLS Franchise

Hamann Pineapple said:
LoveCity said:
Trending worldwide on Twitter.

SSN seem to think Pulis is a bigger story

It didn't even make the 'list' of headlines.A tired line I know but if the Rags had set up a similar venture we would not hear the end of it.

Der Bomber said:
Yeah, and the NYCFC looks like it's colour will be SKY BLUE.

HELL YEAH.

The US is the only rich country in the world where "soccer" has a lot of room to grow. The Yankees are the US baseball version of the rags. Most popular club, most glory-hunting twat fans. And this is awesome! Damn right I want to tie in with that lot.

We want to catch the filth, even Liverpool and Arse in revenue because of this FFP crap. This will help. Fuck yes this will help. More US City fans the better. Lots of crap Nike City kits being sold, lots more money we can use on players.

Great news! We need to keep fighting the global war against rag filth and now we win the battle of NEW YORK CITY.
citys income is at least 50 mill more than liverpools ,just saying .

BlueCanuck said:
However, a lot of MLS fans in NY are reluctant to support a new team based on the bad experience with Chivas USA (which have been a full on cluster****. City would need to be very respectful of not shoving the brand down the throat of fans and, most importantly, not appearing to disrespect MLS or American soccer. If either happens the experience could end up backfiring.

It could also be a very good thing if managed properly.

This is one of the main questions I was asking myself. I think the club will start playing in 2016, a year after making a start, so up until than it'll have to exploiot it's strategy to get people in NY connected to the club.

I also wonder how it suits all parties financially. I can't see any connection (yet) with the FFPR as they are there to be introduced next season as of the year NYC starts.

Otherwise thanks for bringing us up to date how things work in the US soccerwise.

Hamann Pineapple said:
LoveCity said:
Trending worldwide on Twitter.

SSN seem to think Pulis is a bigger story

If it had been the rags who were doing this, they would be all over the story on SKY. As it is, we're mentioned after Pulis, the banning of the long golf putter, Sergio García and Tiger Woods saying they don't like each other . . .

And we still don't know what time Moyesie got up this morning!

<a class="postlink" href="http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/22825103/vp/51564319#51564319" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/22825103/ ... 9#51564319</a>

We're right behind the talking heads...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.