City launch MLS Franchise

without a dream said:
Gelsons Dad said:
Yet another attempt to popularise "soccer" in the states. It's a minority sport there. Pele and Becks couldn't change that and neither will we.

I'm sure I read that it's the third most played sport out there, there's definitely the potential for the professional game to gain in popularity.

Football will NEVER be a major sport here in the US of A. It gets followed closely once every four years. The National Team make the World Cup every four years because CONCACAF is so weak.

If the MLS played in my back garden, I would draw the curtains. The proposed stadium is about 10 minutes from my flat. I guess if City would loan out some promising youngster, I would mosey on over for a game or two. If it werent for Citys involvement, I wouldnt be bothered. There is local opposition to the building of that new stadium. I would say if Mayor Bloomberg really wanted it, it would go thru but Bloomy is on his way out. After 20 years of good leadership under Mayors Guiliani and Bloomberg, the next Mayor will be an absolute muppet.

As a long suffering Mets fan, I am not impressed with Citys involvement with the Yankees....

TCIB said:
The cynic in me may also feel the chance to shit on ffp has just opened up :D

I'm 99% sure that that will not be the case, for reasons stated many times in other threads. There just isn't the potential to earn money off this aside from by being linked to the club, and no, selling expensive players to NYCFC and then loaning/selling them to City for free will not work.

taconinja said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Spookily New York City's rivals the Red Bulls don't play in New York.....but play in New Jersey!
It's in Newark, right? The New Jersey thing can be a bit of a red herring as much of New York City is in New Jersey.

Yeah, it's weird.

New York City is in New Jersey?? Since when???

The American experience is very family orientated in my perception, are they likely to get on board with "Blues are here, Blues are there, Blues are.....". Well you know the rest

Frank the Yank said:
taconinja said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Spookily New York City's rivals the Red Bulls don't play in New York.....but play in New Jersey!
It's in Newark, right? The New Jersey thing can be a bit of a red herring as much of New York City is in New Jersey.

Yeah, it's weird.

New York City is in New Jersey?? Since when???

I assume in the same way that you say that much of London's metropolitan area is in the Home Counties.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.