City launch MLS Franchise

Frank the Yank said:
without a dream said:
Gelsons Dad said:
Yet another attempt to popularise "soccer" in the states. It's a minority sport there. Pele and Becks couldn't change that and neither will we.

I'm sure I read that it's the third most played sport out there, there's definitely the potential for the professional game to gain in popularity.

Football will NEVER be a major sport here in the US of A. It gets followed closely once every four years. The National Team make the World Cup every four years because CONCACAF is so weak.

If the MLS played in my back garden, I would draw the curtains. The proposed stadium is about 10 minutes from my flat. I guess if City would loan out some promising youngster, I would mosey on over for a game or two. If it werent for Citys involvement, I wouldnt be bothered. There is local opposition to the building of that new stadium. I would say if Mayor Bloomberg really wanted it, it would go thru but Bloomy is on his way out. After 20 years of good leadership under Mayors Guiliani and Bloomberg, the next Mayor will be an absolute muppet.

As a long suffering Mets fan, I am not impressed with Citys involvement with the Yankees....

I am a Mets fan too, but City trumps baseball for me :), im a Knicks fan so I know all about suffering... I actually would go to the games (my wife and I live in Flushing)

Falastur said:
Slicker than Sommeil said:
Falastur said:
You've just got to love American sports fans...

That is a point though, The Yankees and New Yorkers hate Boston/Red Sox the most.
More like the North East Derbies or even the Rags/Dippers.

Then maybe we've announced NYCFC to teach Americans how sports is supposed to be run :)

You gotta be kidding, right? The NFL is BY FAR the best run sports league in the world. Its basically a permit to print money and has a great competitive balance. Meanwhile you lot cannot even figure out a way to bring even the most basic type of goal line technology and have those corrupt idiots Blatter/Platini running football.....

Falastur said:
TCIB said:
The cynic in me may also feel the chance to shit on ffp has just opened up :D

I'm 99% sure that that will not be the case, for reasons stated many times in other threads. There just isn't the potential to earn money off this aside from by being linked to the club, and no, selling expensive players to NYCFC and then loaning/selling them to City for free will not work.

Not totally shit on it but it may crowbar a gap big enough to accomodate a few choice lads from south america before these 3rd party twats get their hands on them.

In any circumstance i can only envisage it being a good thing for us.

this is how it feels to be city...
This is how it feels to be small...
We own two clubs, you only on one you dirty, horrible fcucking red scum twat.s!!!!

Falastur said:
TCIB said:

I'm 99% sure that that will not be the case, for reasons stated many times in other threads. There just isn't the potential to earn money off this aside from by being linked to the club, and no, selling expensive players to NYCFC and then loaning/selling them to City for free will not work.

I dont think something like that would work, but the fact that this is partially owned by Man City then any profits will assist us in FFPR.

Im not sure how much though right now as I cant find the FFPR Doc to read up on the related profits stuff.

Falastur said:
TCIB said:

What if NYCFC bought one of there non-designated players for $50m and then sold them after 1 season to MCFC for £5m. Remember, I believe there season runs from March to October, so pretty much out of sync with our own ?

Frank the Yank said:
Falastur said:
Slicker than Sommeil said:
That is a point though, The Yankees and New Yorkers hate Boston/Red Sox the most.
More like the North East Derbies or even the Rags/Dippers.

Then maybe we've announced NYCFC to teach Americans how sports is supposed to be run :)

You gotta be kidding, right? The NFL is BY FAR the best run sports league in the world. Its basically a permit to print money and has a great competitive balance. Meanwhile you lot cannot even figure out a way to bring even the most basic type of goal line technology and have those corrupt idiots Blatter/Platini running football.....

Not feeling the love frank.

Sigh said:
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/22825103/vp/51564319#51564319

We're right behind the talking heads...

Who's the girl being interviewed? She's talking about moving to the States, she must be involved in the club?

Edit: refreshed the video and found out who she is. Ignore me.

-- Tue May 21, 2013 5:25 pm --

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Falastur said:
TCIB said:

What if NYCFC bought one of there non-designated players for $50m and then sold them after 1 season to MCFC for £5m. Remember, I believe there season runs from March to October, so pretty much out of sync with our own ?

NYCFC buys noone. MLS owns all the players in the MLS, just like other American sports, and they would veto these deals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.