City launch MLS Franchise

Yeah, and the NYCFC looks like it's colour will be SKY BLUE.

HELL YEAH.

The US is the only rich country in the world where "soccer" has a lot of room to grow. The Yankees are the US baseball version of the rags. Most popular club, most glory-hunting twat fans. And this is awesome! Damn right I want to tie in with that lot.

We want to catch the filth, even Liverpool and Arse in revenue because of this FFP crap. This will help. Fuck yes this will help. More US City fans the better. Lots of crap Nike City kits being sold, lots more money we can use on players.

Great news! We need to keep fighting the global war against rag filth and now we win the battle of NEW YORK CITY.

mansour's tow ropes said:
fathellensbellend said:
markbmcfc said:
How can you not be interested in City, given where we have come from, doing something as unprecedented as starting a new football club in probably the most popular City in the world?

It's nothing short of amazing.

i would have sooner had a team that could have been arsed to win the cup, i would sooner have a club that doesnt start ticket prices at 49 quid for teams like norwich, and if the cost keeps spiralling i wont have a team to watch in england, never mind bloody america.

if this is what it takes to meet ffp, then what a load of bollox, and for the record the kit should be launched amongst the fans who shell out all year, not amongst a load of strangers, who's money you are desperate for because of platini's stupid ideas. Sorry for the rant, modern football is becoming a big turn off.

what on earth does that mean, launch it amongst the fans? what, play pass the parcel on the final day of the season and whoever in south stand ends up with the prize gets to open the package to reveal the shirt?

everyone will first see the shirt online, regardless of where it is being launched

if you like.

Joehannes said:
Big news. The brand has just got a whole lot bigger. Yankees are the richest sports team in the world aren't they?

I think so, plus this should piss of a few rags, wasn't there a potential team up proposal between the scum and NY Yankees some time ago?

Der Bomber said:
Yeah, and the NYCFC looks like it's colour will be SKY BLUE.

HELL YEAH.

The US is the only rich country in the world where "soccer" has a lot of room to grow. The Yankees are the US baseball version of the rags. Most popular club, most glory-hunting twat fans. And this is awesome! Damn right I want to tie in with that lot.

We want to catch the filth, even Liverpool and Arse in revenue because of this FFP crap. This will help. Fuck yes this will help. More US City fans the better. Lots of crap Nike City kits being sold, lots more money we can use on players.

Great news! We need to keep fighting the global war against rag filth and now we win the battle of NEW YORK CITY.

i never knew we were in a battle to win new york city, modern football gets dafter by the minute.

I have always hated the New York Yankees as I consider them to be the Man United of MLB

Cubs all the way for me

JoeMercer'sWay said:
makes our season ticket prices seem an even bigger dropped ball.

Really no need to push prices up like that, they could have(and should have) catered to the traditional fan market and kept pushing revenues everywhere else.

You have to reward loyalty, buying great players and winning trophies is only all well and good when those fans who went for the past 30 years can afford to get in the ground each week to watch.

City could also have made a huge statement and been the pro-active club in driving down ticket prices rather than putting them up.

It makes no sense when we can make money doing stuff like this why they feel the need to take more money off the poorest market, damaging the identity of the club they're trying to sell to the world.

If you want to sell yourselves as something different to the traditional clubs you have to keep the essence of what makes us different, a local, community club who looks after its own and then everyone in its sphere.

City are making it feel like they are far too interested in looking after the people in the wider sphere more than their own, which makes us no different to any other top football club in terms of identity at the end of the day.

I really hope they take this on board for next season, season tickets and match prices should be one thing they protect and safeguard. If they had a small group of fans working on an area like that I reckon we'd come up with a superior solution.

Sorry but what on earth has this new venture got to do with ST prices ??

Re: Man City and New York Yankees to purchase MLS franchise

Kompany is King said:
FFPR sorted, if needed.

Great idea to link with New York Yankees. How can it be anything other than a success?

I don't think this has anything to do with FFPR, aside from revenue growing from people who become City fans and buy shirts, fly over to go to games, etc.

I wouldn't think any income or moneys earned by this MLS team will have anything to do with City and FFP. Separate entities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.