City losing three-goal lead

My dad too used to wax lyrical about Peter Doherty. My dad is 90 now and luckily got to see our recent past and still puts Doherty above them.
Looking at the dates my dad could only go by the games for City up to 1939 when he marched with the Manchester Regiment from Ardwick Green to the old London Road station and that was him gone for over 6 years. So PD must have made some impression. 6 of us had season tickets last year so l am glad he did.

My dad too used to wax lyrical about Peter Doherty. My dad is 90 now and luckily got to see our recent past and still puts Doherty above them.
One thing that frequently gets overlooked about Doherty is how much of his career was taken from him by WW2, having just turned 26 when war was declared.

Brilliant my dad would have been 90 2 month's ago sadly he passed away aged 60. A city mate at work dad passed away when we were at our lowest ebb 13th in the 3rd tier enjoy it while it lasts one life one love one CITY

I know it's not quite the same, but I think our most spectacular disaster was the FA Cup tie with Luton abandoned due to the weather 6-2 up at the time, with Denis Law scoring them all, and we ended up losing 3-1, and DL scored our goal again, 3 days later.

Only we could manage a turn round like that.
Xmas day 1940 and several teams played twice on the same day. Most spectacular turnaround was Leicester losing 5-2 at Northampton in the morning, then Northampton lost 7-2 at Leicester in the afternoon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.