City Matters - New Reps Required. Voting now open till 4/9

Not having a go at you personally but a few have said this and it couldn't be further from the truth. It can admittedly be a frustrating experience dealing with the club, who can often be quite inward looking, and I suspect Ferran Soriano couldn't really give two hoots about us.

But things are starting to change and that's because we've challenged the club, often very forcefully and often very constructively. And many of the reps, myself included, have helped individuals who couldn't get past Supporter Services. Being part of City Matters gives us that access and it gives me a huge amount of satisfaction when someone gets their seat back they thought they'd lost because the renewal process went wrong.

I'm genuinely interested to understand what it would take for you not to consider it a box-ticking exercise?
It is a great pity that you are no longer a rep, I for one appreciate your efforts on behalf of us all.

Not having a go at you personally but a few have said this and it couldn't be further from the truth. It can admittedly be a frustrating experience dealing with the club, who can often be quite inward looking, and I suspect Ferran Soriano couldn't really give two hoots about us.

But things are starting to change and that's because we've challenged the club, often very forcefully and often very constructively. And many of the reps, myself included, have helped individuals who couldn't get past Supporter Services. Being part of City Matters gives us that access and it gives me a huge amount of satisfaction when someone gets their seat back they thought they'd lost because the renewal process went wrong.

I'm genuinely interested to understand what it would take for you not to consider it a box-ticking exercise?
Part of the problem is that we have no real way of gauging whether it is anything other than a box-ticking exercise now minutes are no longer shared with us fans. It's like electing MP's but not allowing any reporting from parliament.

Prestwich, sorry you are going. I am intrigued by your comment that Soriano couldnt give two hoots. I get the impression from this comment that the Club engage but do not necessarily listen to the fan reps ?? If so, very sad.
Ok.. a genuine question. Has the input from the reps actually made any significant changes that you remember from your tenure as a rep ?? Examples appreciated.I do not mean that in a negative way at all, just concerned that the Club do not listen to fans. I imagine you and others have come up with great ideas but if they are not listened to it be must tough spending time going to meetings and nothing happens. We had the Junior Blues and always thought of us as a club that did interact with the fans.

Part of the problem is that we have no real way of gauging whether it is anything other than a box-ticking exercise now minutes are no longer shared with us fans. It's like electing MP's but not allowing any reporting from parliament.
That’s a fair comment but there seems to be a higher threshold for proving your worth on here if you are a volunteer rather than a paid employee of the Club. I’m generalising rather than focussing on your accurate comment so , for example,When Vicky Kloss moved on all sorts of great achievements were attributed to her including multiplying City’s fan base in the States. The likelihood is Aguero, KDB and the Silvas were more responsible for this growth in overseas support.

Turning to City Matters, my sense is that customer services has improved during the time of City Matters but there is still room for improvements. Away tickets went to lowerticket points holders until the sample checks on fans IDs were stopped. City’s admin made the mistake of making everyone show ID to collect European away tickets in the host City, unless on official travel, but a workable system could have been found. Fans are being treated better with improved ticket transfer arrangements and cheaper junior tickets for lower profile games. Some match day tickets are still too example but there is the demand to buy them now.

It’s very difficult to identify cause and affect, with or without the minutes of meetings, but tue treat me towards us the fans seems to have improved in recents years. FWIW, I don’t really care what part City Matters have played in that.

Last edited:

I can’t speak for the other guy but I suspect the reason some people think like that is the only times the club ever seems to mention City Matters in any communication to the fans is when they are pushing through something that they know won’t be universally approved of.

One example I can think of, but there’s been a few, is when they announced some away tickets were being reserved for 18-24 year olds regardless of points. They made a point of saying something like…As agreed with your City Matters reps. That can read a bit like…. Hey, don’t blame us if you don’t like it, it’s the fans reps who wanted it.

I’m sure there’s a whole heap of other stuff that is done behind closed doors that might quietly make a difference without us really noticing but it does come across, to me at least, that the club use City Matters as a bit of a patsy to take the heat off them on occasions.

I can’t speak for the other guy but I suspect the reason some people think like that is the only times the club ever seems to mention City Matters in any communication to the fans is when they are pushing through something that they know won’t be universally approved of.

One example I can think of, but there’s been a few, is when they announced some away tickets were being reserved for 18-24 year olds regardless of points. They made a point of saying something like…As agreed with your City Matters reps. That can read a bit like…. Hey, don’t blame us if you don’t like it, it’s the fans reps who wanted it.

I’m sure there’s a whole heap of other stuff that is done behind closed doors that might quietly make a difference without us really noticing but it does come across, to me at least, that the club use City Matters as a bit of a patsy to take the heat off them on occasions.
You might be right - and there is an element of truth in how the Club can 'use' CM, but from a personal perspective, I have known @Prestwich_Blue for a long time and all he has ever tried to do is make City a more accountable, fan-focused Club. Not easy in the face of relentless commercial and global pressure from CFG - so thanks to him, and all those that give up their time to CM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.