City Matters thread

Don't recall a clause in the constitution but what started it off was at the height of the Swales campaign Frank Horrocks was in the MEN claiming the the OSC had 100% support for Swales.
I had a letter in the MEN published, stating that as a member I wasn't consulted and neither was the branch I was in consulted about whether or not I supported Swales.

At the next OSC committee meeting at the social club a vote of no confidence in Swales was asked to be taken and susequently refused.
Eleven branches resigned on the spot and the Independent Supporters Club was formed and backed Franny Lee.

I think the leading branches were Chadderton, Yorkshire and Reddish.
@yorkblue may be able to add to it.

I wrote about it in the fanzine Blue Print at the time, with what was my favourite headline to anything i wrote "The little (closed) shop of Horrocks"
And I wrote a response (supporting) your piece in the next issue.

Don't recall a clause in the constitution but what started it off was at the height of the Swales campaign Frank Horrocks was in the MEN claiming the the OSC had 100% support for Swales.
I had a letter in the MEN published, stating that as a member I wasn't consulted and neither was the branch I was in consulted about whether or not I supported Swales.

At the next OSC committee meeting at the social club a vote of no confidence in Swales was asked to be taken and susequently refused.
Eleven branches resigned on the spot and the Independent Supporters Club was formed and backed Franny Lee.

I think the leading branches were Chadderton, Yorkshire and Reddish.
@yorkblue may be able to add to it.

I wrote about it in the fanzine Blue Print at the time, with what was my favourite headline to anything i wrote "The little (closed) shop of Horrocks"
Chadderton proposed the motion and West Yorks & Reddish supported it. Two members of the supporters club committee resigned on the spot. Sean Sefton was one of them.

Chadderton proposed the motion and West Yorks & Reddish supported it. Two members of the supporters club committee resigned on the spot. Sean Sefton was one of them.
I recall one of the comments after the resignation, from Frank or Les Saul was how they noted the branches that had left were all recently formed branches that had "no knowledge" of what Swales had done for three supporters club....

I was invited to go corporate at the swamp for a derby, never again. I'm not big but the seats in the pisscans stand are small and packed together. If you are over 6' I would imagine it feels like that isolation cell at Alcatraz. Also to be surrounded by baying rag fans after we were 2 nil up to lose 4-2 was unpleasant to say the least. As I said, never again.
If you’re referring to the 2015 game, we went 1-0 up very early through Serge then went 1-4 down and Serge scored again very late on to make it 2-4.

I recall one of the comments after the resignation, from Frank or Les Saul was how they noted the branches that had left were all recently formed branches that had "no knowledge" of what Swales had done for three supporters club....
Exactly what they said. But all 3 branches had many old school blues, who supported City well before Swales became Chair.

Thanks for helping Franny RIP relegate us to the third division!

Sounds like the OSC was piss poor at the time. I’m so grateful that we’ve got Alan Galley and Sir Kevin at the helm now. Onwards and upwards.

I just want to highlight two kind gestures from City. I put a lady in touch with the charity manager at City, whose son had just come out of hospital following cancer treatment. She arranged with City for her son to be the mascot at the Everton game. On another good move by City. The Club gave a limited edition Aguero shirt that was sold to pay towards the fire engine for the Ukraine. There’s more to life than a ticket for the Derby.

Last edited:
Thanks for helping Franny RIP relegate us to the third division!

Sounds like the OSC was piss poor at the time. I’m so grateful that we’ve got Alan Galley and Sir Kevin at the helm now. Onwards and upwards.

I just want to highlight two kind gestures from City. I put a lady in touch with the charity manager at City, whose son had just come out of hospital following cancer treatment. She arranged with City for her son to be the mascot at the Everton game. On another good move by City. The Club gave a limited edition Aguero shirt that was sold to pay towards the fire engine for the Ukraine. There’s more to life than a ticket for the Derby.
They did the same for my lad after he spent 18 month in hospital when his pancreas digested itself, we are not in any OSC City themselves reached out on Twitter. The City SQ people are really top notch

I have also received help from people at City, not just for myself but also for others. Never through any OSC even though I’m an Eccles member.
City are excellent at looking after our fans and, as @Tim of the Oak says, there’s more to life than a ticket for the derby (or any other game for that matter). :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.