City Matters thread

Thanks. Just done some more digging. We got 2947 tickets last year as opposed to 3008 this year so only 61 more this year. Here's the criteria from last year:

26,000Wednesday 14th December9am
25,000Wednesday 14th December12pm
24,000Wednesday 14th December3pm
23,000Thursday 15th December9am
22,000Thursday 15th December12pm

I was in the 23,000 points bracket and I think it made it to 22,000. There's a chance it makes it to 22,000 this time round so although we've all been losing ground in recent seasons, when you add in the extra points we all got in the summer for renewing our seasoncards, etc, it could be argued that we haven't lost any ground this time round. I've got over 24500 points now and there are 4 brackets below me (not guaranteed that it gets to all 4 of course), yet last season there was only 1 bracket below me. Of course, the 500 point drops this time as opposed to 1000 point drops last time out help in that sense but,even so,I was surprised how many were left when I got mine this morning.
Ah yes. I remember being concerned that the drop in allocation was more than that and that it would kill my chances. Wish it had in hindsight!

But yeah, I don't think this year seems any worse than other years.

I think the point he is making is that he was always in the 1st window (and could get a pull through) and this year he is in the 2nd window and he can't work out why he is now in a different window when nothing has changed.
It looks like the junior pull through allocation has been reduced to help fans who’ve put in the hard yards.

It looks like this guy wasn’t quick enough with sorting the pull through ticket for his lad. I assume the pull through allocation had gone. Maybe he’s trying to use social media to put pressure on City to find another ticket. I’ve no idea.

I’m not sure it’s fair for very high points holders to get 2 tickets each but that’s the system so I’ve no complaints.
Correct. A my dad is bigger than your dad policy if ever there was one.

Why should a kid whose dad couldn't afford to go be worse off on the points and away ticket scale because his dad could? A sham.

Can you tell I've never benefitted from it?

Why should a kid whose dad couldn't afford to go be worse off on the points and away ticket scale because his dad could? A sham.

Me neither lol.

I’ve no qualms with junior pull through’s for Wembley trips etc., but not for away fixtures where allocations are severely restricted.

There’s loads of tickets on sale from Utd in their corporate seats.
I was invited to go corporate at the swamp for a derby, never again. I'm not big but the seats in the pisscans stand are small and packed together. If you are over 6' I would imagine it feels like that isolation cell at Alcatraz. Also to be surrounded by baying rag fans after we were 2 nil up to lose 4-2 was unpleasant to say the least. As I said, never again.

I was invited to go corporate at the swamp for a derby, never again. I'm not big but the seats in the pisscans stand are small and packed together. If you are over 6' I would imagine it feels like that isolation cell at Alcatraz. Also to be surrounded by baying rag fans after we were 2 nil up to lose 4-2 was unpleasant to say the least. As I said, never again.
Yes I wouldn’t fancy that either

Centenary supporters club I think it was called
It was the ‘Independent’ Supporters Association (ISA) when it was formed. When Lee, Barlow & Dunkerley took over, they requested that the name be changed to ‘Centenary’, so as to create harmony, as they felt the ‘Independent’ mantra sounded divisive. I was the initial chairman of the ISA.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.