City Matters thread

What criteria do flexi golds come under in regards to ticket allocations, under the season ticket bracket or Matchday member bracket ?

Don't know much about the flexi tickets etc, but I've been a season ticket holder for over 20 years. Does this mean I can't get my son a season ticket with me when he gets older?

I've spoken to 3 1894 members who are all FG card holders and all three reiterate the point that they would prefer a normal seasoncard. They got their FG card to 'get on the ladder'.

I honestly do not understand any benefit to FlexiGold (compared to a normal SC). I've yet to hear a valid argument in their favour. My views are:

- they are more expensive (£150 if you attend every game)
- they are less flexible (you have to sign in 3 weeks early and buy a ticket for every game)
- you cannot transfer to friends/family for league games
- no access to ticket exchange for league games

Flexigold is far less flexible and more expensive. It's the only option to many fans who've never had a seasoncard so they don't understand why it's worse (they are comparing FG to a matchday membership).

If the club offered every seasoncard holder the chance to change their ticket to FlexiGold, I honestly think less than 1% would. If the club truly wants to offer flexibility, give fans the choice of FG or normal SC OR as a minimum, drop the £150 charge.

Can add me to the group of people that would swap my FG for a normal ST if it were an option. Only got it to get back in and hope that a normal one would become an option.

Don't know much about the flexi tickets etc, but I've been a season ticket holder for over 20 years. Does this mean I can't get my son a season ticket with me when he gets older?
As things stand, that would unfortunately seem to be so. This is poor from the club, imo. A further cash grab, which will be at the detriment of the atmosphere.

Answering my own question here, but from talking to friends who do have them, the price per ticket is about £10-20 depending on where in the ground you are. So, say you attend all 19 games, you'd pay £190-380 in addition to the £150 so £340-530. Not sure which bit of the ground that is, or how that compares to walk up or season ticket prices.

But what it does say is the £150 bit is a red herring. Say the club drop the price to £20...all they will do is lump the remaining £130 onto the additional price you pay per ticket...so no benefit to anyone.
The critical argument with the club is to provide options for both new STs and Flexis and not continue to restrict new seats to flexi only...

I wish it was that cheap. East Stand L3 (only place I could get one) is £705 + £150 charge for my seat for all 19 games.

Prices so far this season for me:-

Ipswich - £27
Brentford - £27
Arsenal - £59
Fulham - £27
Southampton - £21

Answering my own question here, but from talking to friends who do have them, the price per ticket is about £10-20 depending on where in the ground you are. So, say you attend all 19 games, you'd pay £190-380 in addition to the £150 so £340-530. Not sure which bit of the ground that is, or how that compares to walk up or season ticket prices.

But what it does say is the £150 bit is a red herring. Say the club drop the price to £20...all they will do is lump the remaining £130 onto the additional price you pay per ticket...so no benefit to anyone.
The critical argument with the club is to provide options for both new STs and Flexis and not continue to restrict new seats to flexi only...
As far as I’m aware, and I stand to be corrected on this, flexi gold adds up to the same price of a standard gold season ticket in the same area if you were to attend all 19 fixtures, apart from you pay the £150 surcharge.
So you will pay more for Arsenal, Liverpool, United than you will for Fulham, Bournemouth, Southampton etc, but if a standard gold season ticket in your block is £800 for example, that’s the price a flexi gold will balance out to if you attend all the matches.

The £150 is the rip off part.

As far as I’m aware, and I stand to be corrected on this, flexi gold adds up to the same price of a standard gold season ticket in the same area if you were to attend all 19 fixtures, apart from you pay the £150 surcharge.
So you will pay more for Arsenal, Liverpool, United than you will for Fulham, Bournemouth, Southampton etc, but if a standard gold season ticket in your block is £800 for example, that’s the price a flexi gold will balance out to if you attend all the matches.

The £150 is the rip off part.
Yep that's exactly it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.