City Matters thread

Really disappointing if this is going to be the case. Flexi gold doesn't work for my kids when I've got a regular season ticket.

And if they can't get one with a brand spanking new stand and extra capacity I won't bother trying again as I'll be sat watching games on TV like them.

Really disappointing if this is going to be the case. Flexi gold doesn't work for my kids when I've got a regular season ticket.

And if they can't get one with a brand spanking new stand and extra capacity I won't bother trying again as I'll be sat watching games on TV like them.
And that’s where they want you, apart from games like Sparta Prague next week when their favoured “customers” aren’t interested, they want you there for that, as long as you’re happy to then take a back seat for the United game in December.

It’s a sorry state of affairs.

The club don’t care about local fans or our core fan base. It’s becoming impossible for your average person to afford premier league match day tickets.

If we turn shit again or when pep leaves I don’t know who’s filling the ground up, as the locals have been priced out.

The dynamics of attending football games has changed to something I never thought I'd see when I started standing on the Kippax as a kid in 1968. Back then you could turn up at almost any game in the country, queue up, pay cash at the turnstiles and go in. The only exceptions were the Derby and big cup games. Season tickets were a good way of ensuring clubs had a guaranteed income each season and those fans had first shout for big game tickets. The rest of us had to present our vouchers on the voucher sheet which usually came in the seasons first programme. ( If I remember correctly)

Fast forward and things have changed beyond belief. No more cash at turnstiles ( Or indeed anywhere else in the ground) nor can you just turn up and pay into a game anywhere. The premier league clubs are now just an entertainment industry that will sell tickets to anybody irrespective of years of support or loyalty, so long as you pay the price and buy the relevant package you're in. The very top clubs have realised they don't need the steady revenue season tickets once brought. They still get part of that by charging for a membership or this Flexi package. Then they can charge what they like per game. A less attractive fixture, drop the price. A more attractive one crank it up to the max.

This is a slightly risky policy of course and relies on the clubs continued success. Hopefully we all hope it continues but a few years of no trophies and mid table mediocrity would see us struggling to fill the ground. They can of course then start selling season tickets again but will people buy them? Interesting times.

But CityMatters have posted saying the club plans to ONLY offer flexigolds going forward (no new seasoncards in the traditional form). So normal seasoncards will not increase with the expanded North Stand.

Your second line I agree with completely. That's why they should have the choice out of a normal seasoncard or a flexigold membership. Fans are desperate to watch as many games as possible and they should be given the choice (and definitely not charged £150 on top of me or you).

Honestly, would you swap your ticket to Flexigold and pay £150 extra for the "flexibility"?
But no one is being charged more. If you have a Flexi gold and attend all games, my understanding is that you won't pay any more than if you had a season ticket.

- they are less flexible (you have to sign in 3 weeks early and buy a ticket for every game)
- you cannot transfer to friends/family for league games
- no access to ticket exchange for league games

I really don’t get these point. Why would you need to transfer a ticket to a friend or family. You’re buying the tickets 3 weeks before. If you know you can’t go, don’t buy it. Same applies to the ticket exchange. There’s no reason you’d need access to it.

I don’t get all the hate for them. You’re GUARANTEED a ticket for EVERY game. They’re a lot better option than what you were on being a match day member. That’s £35 membership and then £60-£70 a ticket. On top you’re panicking at the start of the season in a queue of 20,000 whether you’ll get a ticket for the games you want.
You can also join all 3 cup schemes which will guarantee you a ticket for United or Liverpool in the fa cup semi finals and finals and any home champions league ticket which, following the piss poor performance a couple seasons ago for Madrid in the semi final, it’s a massive bonus.

The club don’t care about local fans or our core fan base. It’s becoming impossible for your average person to afford premier league match day tickets.

If we turn shit again or when pep leaves I don’t know who’s filling the ground up, as the locals have been priced out.

They will start dropping prices and trying to flog season tickets again. Those frozen out now may take them up. It's a calculated game they're playing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.