City most valued Premier League Football Brand Again

I am not priced out, but I am not a selfish twat who considers himself "Alright"... again where are the new fans coming from? Where are they getting the tickets from? How much are those 3rd party tickets costing them?

I hope most City fans that are left watching at the Etihad aren't as selfish as you.
Your issue is not with selfish twats like me, your issue is with the club.
I'll repeat, I believe I'm getting value for money.

I repeat good for you, you've said all you need to say.
We all hanker for the days when the kippax had an asbestos roof and we could throw bits of the crumbling terraces at the rag scum and it was ten bob to get in but it's a different world and football club now, it's 6/7 nicker for a pint in town amd 500 nicker to see The Eagles at a big shed in Beswick, i'm not saying it's right but it isn't our workkng class game anymore

We all hanker for the days when the kippax had an asbestos roof and we could throw bits of the crumbling terraces at the tag scum and it was ten bob to get in but it's a different world and football club now, it's 6/7 nicker for a pint in town amd 500 nicker to see The Eagles at a big shed in Beswick, i'm not saying it's right but it isn't our workkng class game anymore

I'm not saying that, what I am saying is where are OUR new young fanbase going to come from if they are not nurtured now? Youngsters just coming through may be able to get the odd ticket but in the main tickets are as hard to get as away tickets are if you haven't got a season card etc.

It's not about the old days it's about growing a fan base not a fucking business :)

I'm not saying that, what I am saying is where are OUR new young fanbase going to come from if they are not nurtured now? Youngsters just coming through may be able to get the odd ticket but in the main tickets are as hard to get as away tickets are if you haven't got a season card etc.

It's not about the old days it's about growing a fan base not a fucking business :)
I agee with you pal

Another thing that is missing is the youth going with their friends, not with parents just themselves enjoying the match.

OK they could be a bit leery but where are the youngsters?
I reckon theres been a few more lads over the past couple of seasons groups of 18/20 ofds, i've deffo seen a few more at the match and in town but yeah we could do with more, they are the lifeblood of the club

I would say to grow a fanbase is intrinsically linked to growing a business in the football world.
Isn't the expansion of the stadium proof of that.

I would say to grow a fanbase is intrinsically linked to growing a business in the football world.
Isn't the expansion of the stadium proof of that.

Not at all, what happens if the bubble bursts we need younger fans to carry on the tradition. Football has never been just a business proposal.

Even if the bubble doesn't burst I will say it again, in 20 years when the Etihad and other grounds have gone full Taylor Swift we'll be asking what the fuck happened.

"Season-ticket holders today are very different from those of 15 or even 10 years ago. Their age and affluence is going up. The average age of a Premier League season-ticket holder is now 44 and a recent survey showed that only around 9% can be classified as working class.13 Aug 2008

Not at all, what happens if the bubble bursts we need younger fans to carry on the tradition. Football has never been just a business proposal.

Even if the bubble doesn't burst I will say it again, in 20 years when the Etihad and other grounds have gone full Taylor Swift we'll be asking what the fuck happened.
You maybe right but it's all ifs, buts and maybes.
If it does go tit's up it won't be Our owners fault .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.