City most valued Premier League Football Brand Again

I'm not just talking on my behalf, it should be pissing a lot more people off than it is considering the match going fan is getting fleeced.

Maybe all that's left are people who can afford to take the hit and hence the ones that complain about out of towners.
I'm a match going fan and been going probably as long as you, I'm still going and don't feel I'm getting fleeced, I think I'm getting value for money that I most definitely wasn't getting under Pearce and I could name a few others.

I'm a match going fan and been going probably as long as you, I'm still going and don't feel I'm getting fleeced, I think I'm getting value for money that I most definitely wasn't getting under Pearce and I could name a few others.

If you don't think it's too expensive then good for you. Try thinking about the people who have been priced out.

If you don't think it's too expensive then good for you. Try thinking about the people who have been priced out.
I agree with you it is too expensive and I feel for the thousands who have been priced out. (I suspect you're in the same boat as me and it is affordable for you.)

But the stadium is full for every league game and nowadays for even early rounds of the domestic Cup competitions. So I don't see why, or how, the club could reduce prices significantly.

Hypothetically, an 80,000 stadium with prices at say two-thirds current values, would be a model that could work.

That's crazy thinking I know but then, who could have predicted the last 21 years when we first moved into the COMS in August 2003?

Last edited:
I agree with you it is too expensive and I feel for the thousands who have been priced out. (I suspect you're in the same boat as me and it is affordable for you.)

But the stadium is full for every league game and nowadays for even early rounds of the domestic Cup competitions. So I don't see why, or how, the club could reduce prices significantly.

Hypothetically, an 80,000 stadium with prices at say two-thirds current values, would be a model that could work.

That's crazy thinking I know but then, who could have predicted the last 21 years when we first moved into the COMS in August 2023?
Are you sure ?

That's crazy thinking I know but then, who could have predicted the last 21 years when we first moved into the COMS in August 2023?

Love the success mate and hope it continues, if it doesn't the day trippers will leave and the legacy mob will be well gone.

Don't you think that an 80,000 stadium will just be seen as more seats at the same prices for those that can afford?

Love the success mate and hope it continues, if it doesn't the day trippers will leave and the legacy mob will be well gone.

Don't you think that an 80,000 stadium will just be seen as more seats at the same prices for those that can afford?
Probably. As I said, a pipe dream. But we wouldn't even be breaking new ground. The Dortmund model springs to mind.

Probably. As I said, a pipe dream. But we wouldn't even be breaking new ground. The Dortmund model springs to mind.

Initiatives like much cheaper tickets for the under 30's who have a Manchester postcode or can show they've attended matches for say 5 years consistently so that new blood gets rewarded.

Probably talking out of my arse but...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.