City Of Manchester Stadium Or Eastlands: You decide!

Ric said:
jrb said:
I don't ever recall old Trafford, Anfield or any other football ground being called by another name than it's original name in the media.(feel free)

Boleyn Ground/Upton Park?

Anyway, Eastlands for me.

Old Trafford/Swamp

Anfield/Dipperland

The general media will always refer to the stadium as "Eastlands" but MOTD always say "City of Manchester Stadium" which is my preference, a it incorporates "City" and "Manchester"
If we had the opportunity of sponsoring the stadium, (don't know if that's possible) I wouldn't take any issue with that as long as it's not a stupid name like Newcastle's or we were sponsored by a brand such as Kleenex.

Eastlands all day long.
'City of Manchester stadium' is too much of a mouthful.
I hate reading Comstad too.

Does anyone know if Arsenal fans call their new stadium Ashburton Grove or the Emirates?
It'll be interesting to see if Irish football fans call their new (old!) home the Aviva stadium or refer to it as Lansdowne Road as before.

I've never referred to our ground as Eastlands, ever. I type it as the CoMS and don't call it anything really, just 'home' (not that it feels like home!)

danburge82 said:
I've never referred to our ground as Eastlands, ever. I type it as the CoMS and don't call it anything really, just 'home' (not that it feels like home!)
Same for me. I don't know what it is, but Eastlands just sounds shite. Sounds like some really low budget Yank film about some ghetto just outside New York!

I will never refer to it as the bluecamp unless in a joking manner! Just a rip off name and not unique in anyway... eastlands on the otherhand..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.