City Of Manchester Stadium Or Eastlands: You decide!

Tricky one, and i find myself talking about both names.

I guess more formally its City of Manchester Stadium but if i'm down the pub having a chat i'll just say Eastlands ha!

We couldn't have Maine Road, then "City of Manchester" stadium it has to be, sounds the best and is really where we are. (I'm going down the ground) is my quick version :)

"Eastlands" could be anywhere or east of nowhere.

I rarely ever say City of Manchester Stadium when I'm talking to a fellow City fan because it's too much of a mouthful. I use COMS and Eastlands pretty equally but an acronym for a stadium just doesn't sound right. It sounds robotic and has no soul, but I do like its connection with Manchester and it having City in the title as well versus just Eastlands. I'll just carry on what I'm doing until someone comes up with a better idea.

It would help if a mod added a poll,rather than troll through 10 pages of eastlands/coms/other.

I still say that I am going to Maine Rd a bit of the time. I like Eastlands a lot as a name and dont like the mouthful -The City of Manchester Stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.