CITY ONLY UPDATE TRANSFER THREAD Summer 2013/2014

pardoe said:
hallstreetblue said:
He's shit and I'll bet anythin that you have never seen him play, to judge whether he'd be right for the premier league, let alone for us. Look at clips of Torres, Lewandowski, Cavani And Falcao and then compare. Mehmet Scholl Bayern Munich legend and lots and lots of millions of Germans know what I'm talkin about. We've got strikers and midfielders that can score us enough goals to win us the league, however, we need a replacement for Tevez and believe me, we don't need him. Look at the bigger picture, if you know anything about the game. Looking at your name, I'm guessing you do.

Sorry, but this post is nonsense, and you come across as a bit of a pleb.

- Gomez has scored 200 goals in Germany, ffs. He cannot be "shit".

- I've seen quite a lot of him, yes. I follow Dortmund part-time and have done for several years. I think the Bundsliga's the world's best league and watch games and highlights o a weekly basis. I know exactly what sort of striker Gomez is and isn't.

- Why are we using Fernando Torres as a yardstick?

- One of the main reasons we didn't win the title is very specifically because we HAVEN'T got players who can score the goals needed, or at least they weren't fit. Nasri scored twice last year, Silva and Milner four times each. We need more goals from midfield. Our strikers scored 14, 12 & 11 goals. We'll be playing a new system, under a new manager, with new players. It's impossible to say whether we NEED a new Tevez or not. Some would argue that maybe we need something different entirely.

- "If you know anything about the game"?!? What sort of pointed, passive-aggresive bullshit is that? No-one knows whether we'll need one new striker or two, exactly what will happen with Dzeko and even Guidetti beyond what the papers say, or even what system we'll definitely play with. I know enough to say that Gomez scores regularly for a club who are a lot bigger than us and a side who are a lot better than us. I actually find it a bit embarrassing that some of our 'fans' think players of this calibre aren't good enough to play for us.

Okay, my apollogies forr assuming you've never seen him play. I use Torres as an example,simply because he (in his day) was one of the best strikers I've ever seen. I never said we need a new Tevez and I never said we'll only need one striker. What I said was, we need a replacement for Tevez, for the time being, the others are still with us. We have now strengthened our midfield with players that can score goals. I say if you know anything about football, because there are lots on here that clearly haven't got a scooby about the game. And to your last point: our club are moving forward. I know we're not as big as Bayern, but with the financial backing we now have, we can get on a par with them and be strong contenders for the CL, year in, year out, as they are. Now, Mario Gomez; do Real, Barca, yoonited or even Bayern want him? My point entirely.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
What I want to know is this.

Will we ever sign a true Galactico-a player such as Messi,Bale,Ronaldo?

If Bale is a galatico then god help us

Simple fact is most of the top playersin the world play in spain its the best league technically from top to bottom and in Barca and RM there are two clubs whom stand out from pretty much most of the others

We will find it very very difficult as have most if not all of the prem clubs to land such a players - the reality is we will probably have to bring one through our academy

Hughes looks to English Man City duo

Mark Hughes could be set to raid his former club Manchester City for English duo Gareth Barry and Joleon Lescott.

Manchester City, who have also have a new manager in Manuel Pellegrini during this summer are looking to narrow down their sizeable squad and Lescott and Barry are rumoured to be surplus to requirements at the Ethihad.

New Stoke manager Hughes has been alerted to these developments and could be set to swoop for the pair to help boost his current squad in the Potteries.

Both Lescott, 30, and Barry, 32, were transferred to Manchester by Hughes in his reign as manager for a combined £34 transfer fee in 2009.

Barry is entering the final year of his contract and would be available for considerably less than the £12 million Man City paid for him from Aston Villa.

Lescott, who is also entering the final year of his contract has failed to secure a regular spot in the Citizen`s starting line up for some time, and with Pellegrini looking to add to his backline with a rumoured impending bid for Real Madrid`s Pepe, the former Wolves and Everton man will also be available for considerably less than the £22 million he was purchased for from Everton.

Several offer teams are keeping an eye on the developments at last year`s league runners up and will be ready to pounce if the opportunity arises.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.stoke.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=323398#ixzz2XmKETNxk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stoke.vitalfootball.co.uk/ar ... z2XmKETNxk</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.