CITY ONLY UPDATE TRANSFER THREAD Summer 2013/2014

If our resident ITKs are so plugged in to City surely the fact that Isco is not coming does not mean the flow of information from their respective contacts has dried up.

So who is the next Isco?

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
What I want to know is this.

Will we ever sign a true Galactico-a player such as Messi,Bale,Ronaldo?
IMO not for at least 3 seasons.

FFP forces us to cut cloth accordingly but still allows spending, it doesn't give us enough leeway for a massive signing though imo.

When our losses are minimal and our wage bill in complete control I reckon we can throw our weight about again then. Is Messi ever became available I'd expect the club to move heaven and earth for him.

Next 3 big players imo are Gotze, Isco and Hazard. All will become world class top 10 players and I'm gutted we missed out on two of them.

....and yet again, the name Mario Gomez pops up!

Do us a favour and steer clear of this lazy fook wit of a pretty boy, who only cares about the condition of his hair. Unbelievable!

Mario Gomez has scored has scored 200 goals for Bayern Munich and Stuttgart, 138 of them in the Bundesliga, the best league in the world. He's scored 37 goals in UEFA European competitions (Tevez didn't score any for us), has 58 caps for Germany, 25 goals for them, is just 27 years old and would apparently cost around £17m.

It's a f*cking no-brainer, and anyone who thinks he's anything less than a very good striker needs to get their eyes checked. He averages 28 goals a season for Bayern Munich, ffs, one of the true superpowers of world football, currently the best side in Europe. Who gives a shit if he wears a bit too much gel, ffs?

pardoe said:
Mario Gomez has scored has scored 200 goals for Bayern Munich and Stuttgart, 138 of them in the Bundesliga, the best league in the world. He's scored 37 goals in UEFA European competitions (Tevez didn't score any for us), has 58 caps for Germany, 25 goals for them, is just 27 years old and would apparently cost around £17m.

It's a f*cking no-brainer, and anyone who thinks he's anything less than a very good striker needs to get their eyes checked. He averages 28 goals a season for Bayern Munich, ffs, one of the true superpowers of world football, currently the best side in Europe. Who gives a shit if he wears a bit too much gel, ffs?

He's shit and I'll bet anythin that you have never seen him play, to judge whether he'd be right for the premier league, let alone for us. Look at clips of Torres, Lewandowski, Cavani And Falcao and then compare. Mehmet Scholl Bayern Munich legend and lots and lots of millions of Germans know what I'm talkin about. We've got strikers and midfielders that can score us enough goals to win us the league, however, we need a replacement for Tevez and believe me, we don't need him. Look at the bigger picture, if you know anything about the game. Looking at your name, I'm guessing you do.

Oh, have just seen; the Bundesliga, the best league in the world? Oh dear! How can I expect you to look at the bigger picture if you believe this? Never mind.

hallstreetblue said:
He's shit and I'll bet anythin that you have never seen him play, to judge whether he'd be right for the premier league, let alone for us. Look at clips of Torres, Lewandowski, Cavani And Falcao and then compare. Mehmet Scholl Bayern Munich legend and lots and lots of millions of Germans know what I'm talkin about. We've got strikers and midfielders that can score us enough goals to win us the league, however, we need a replacement for Tevez and believe me, we don't need him. Look at the bigger picture, if you know anything about the game. Looking at your name, I'm guessing you do.

Sorry, but this post is nonsense, and you come across as a bit of a pleb.

- Gomez has scored 200 goals in Germany, ffs. He cannot be "shit".

- I've seen quite a lot of him, yes. I follow Dortmund part-time and have done for several years. I think the Bundsliga's the world's best league and watch games and highlights of it on a weekly basis. I know exactly what sort of striker Gomez is and isn't.

- Why are we using Fernando Torres as a yardstick?

- One of the main reasons we didn't win the title is very specifically because we HAVEN'T got players who can score the goals needed, or at least they weren't fit. Nasri scored twice last year, Silva and Milner four times each. We need more goals from midfield. Our strikers scored 14, 12 & 11 goals. We'll be playing a new system, under a new manager, with new players. It's impossible to say whether we NEED a new Tevez or not. Some would argue that maybe we need something different entirely.

- "If you know anything about the game"?!? What sort of pointed, passive-aggresive bullshit is that? No-one knows whether we'll need one new striker or two, exactly what will happen with Dzeko and even Guidetti beyond what the papers say, or even what system we'll definitely play with. I know enough to say that Gomez scores regularly for a club who are a lot bigger than us and a side who are a lot better than us. I actually find it a bit embarrassing that some of our 'fans' think players of this calibre aren't good enough to play for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.