City or Aston Villa vs Reading - FA Cup 6th Round

My missus is an Villan.

I said to her last night, after hearing about Reading knocking BlueScouse out and playing either us or them in the quarters, with a game at Wembley at stake, that that probably makes Villa favourites for tonight.

She didn't get it so I explained for the zillionth time about "typical City".

No disrespect to Reading but Villa had their two days out at Wembley last season.

Please City do not fuck this up.

If we are fortunate enough to get past Villa and Reading and get to Wembley then i'm 99% sure that the semi will be played on the sunday as we hopefully would have a QF 2nd leg on the Thursday before.

WNRH said:
If we are fortunate enough to get past Villa and Reading and get to Wembley then i'm 99% sure that the semi will be played on the sunday as we hopefully would have a QF 2nd leg on the Thursday before.

I seriously hope so, as I have a wedding on the saturday in Portsmouth, and I'd hate to tell a very close friend that he can shove his wedding invitation up his arse cos I'm watching city at wembley...

Donkey Boy said:
WNRH said:

I seriously hope so, as I have a wedding on the saturday in Portsmouth, and I'd hate to tell a very close friend that he can shove his wedding invitation up his arse cos I'm watching city at wembley...

Do it with pleasure.

Re: Reading it is...

Holtenderinthesky said:
Pezzer2 said:
You obviously have some kind of agenda with us City fans. Am I right to say you posted something the other day relating to some city fan attacking some villa fan last season. If so its out of order but dont judge the whole set of our supporters. I have hardly seen any hostility towards Villa either at Maine Road and especially Eastlands. I have been in Shambles square in Manchester city centre having good banter with Villa fans on the last 2 times you have visited.

Most fans are apprehensive BUT we have the best possible chance of making it to wembley in a major cup in my lifetime of watching City (30 long years). Im sure it will be close but im optimistic, exactly the same way your probably thinking. Oh and you greedy barsteward for wanting another trip to wembley after a couple of trips last year ;)

No I don't have an agenda, just sick of my club being belittled by the nouveu riche. When we have done well, it's all about us over achieving, despite our history being far, far better than all but Man Ure's, Liverpool's and possibly Arsenal's. Now that City have money and can buy the league, (well, clearly not yet but...) they are in the top 4. How is that not City "over achieving"? But yet when we have finished 6th 3 years on the trot it's cos we apparently over achieved? Do you see my point?

It's just annoying that's all.

Hold on HolteEnder!

Villa created the game and gave league football to the world. Villa were the most successful club of the nineteenth century and had more major trophies in the trophy cabinet than any other English club for an unbroken spell of seventy-eight years. Three quarters of the twentieth century.

Liverpool equalled Villa's trophy count in 1979, Man Utd and Arsenal overtook Villa in the Premier league era. Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal are arrivistes when it comes to the traditions of English football. They ony became successful with the help of money and the media. Villa's history is far older, greater and influential than the clubs you mention.

If Man City and Chelsea one day have more trophies than anyone else will it mean they have greater histories? No. Winning cups does not equate to history alone. Doing things first, influencing and pioneering are just as important. Villa's history is the greatest in the game...even during our relative shite years we still managed to win cups, the league, the European Cup etc. Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd are new moneyed, media clubs that have bought success from the the 1930's (Arsenal), and 1950's/60's onwards (Man Utd, Liverpool). They owe their "success" to the rise of TV money as much as anything else.
They certainly haven't got greater histories than the creators of the game, Aston Villa F.C.. That any Villa fan should suggest they have is being modest to a fault. We're good sports at Villa, but sometimes we, as fans, are too modest for own good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.