City or Neutral Pub in Urmston

Yeah mate, I’m sure there’s loads on here who’ve gone through something similar. Lot worse for my dad than me at the time though. Long time ago now though and I’m sure with her sense of humour she’d have wanted us to see the funny side of it all, amongst the bad times.
Sending massive love and respect your family’s way pal. And admire your humility, fair fucks to you all

If its any help the Garrick used to serve me when I was under age, the Nelson didn't have a tele, my mam used to tut every time she went past the Roebuck on the bus, the Church was full of old men so we went in the Greyhound (but that's now flats.) and I never went in the Urmston.
Mind you this was in the seventies so things might have changed.

The Stretford and Urmston supporters club go from urmston sports club on Moorside Rd.
I find the bent Brook good too for footy

Avoid the garrick, the Urmston and Nelson,rag pubs. Church not too bad but a younger crowd these days,probably better in roebuck, more civilized older crowd, not been in bird for a while so not sure .

Thanks everyone for your suggestions...

I ended up watching it in the Lord Nelson - to be fair, it wasn't bad at all. A few other blues in, but we were definitely out numbered by reds - no trouble though.

Only (very minor) issue was a group of 3 lads sat on the table in front of us who got touchy when I said to my mate that Ten Haag looked like a twat because he's wearing a suit with trainers and no socks. They questioned why it matters what he's wearing, and asked why we can't win graciously - then proceeded to talk loudly about how city is a club full of paedophile coaches (referring to Barry Bennell) - so I told him to lose graciously.

There was also a City fan stood behind me who announced early on that he'd had a bet on 5-1, 6-1, 7-1 & 8-1. When United scored their second, one of the same 3 lads turned round and started trying to get a reaction out of this guy because he had lost his bet. I guess it's the little victories, eh!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.